Alpine Lake Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn didn't really translate the emotions he was feeling in that moment appropriately. He considered all of it to be excitement over the fact that she had said "yes" and that he was going to get the freedom he'd decided he needed. In truth, it was a bit more complicated than that. He didn't recognize the relief he felt that Fenn was so sure of herself over this decision. He didn't know he'd been anxious about being rejected, or that he'd worried that he really would've had to convince her to come as that would've meant she really didn't want to. He hadn't realized how much he needed her on this journey with him. How much he really didn't want to be alone. How much it mattered that she would choose him.

And thank god because I don't need all that emo crap in my life right now.

His face split into a grin. "I'm the mother fuckin' best to travel with," Penn boasted, lifted his chin a little with pride, "I got no idea where I'm going, no plan, no concern for anything whatsoever. It's awesome. You're going to enjoy the shit out of travelling with me. And, if you're real sweet to me, I might even let you lead the way. Sometimes." It was going to be quite the shit show, more than likely.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides? - by Penn - April 23, 2020, 01:45 PM