Neverwinter Forest and the wind, whispering soft lullabies
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
thank god I rolled the calm reaction LOL

A cloud seemed to fall over him when the question was asked, and her own eyebrows wrinkled themselves in worried reflection, expectant. 

There's no good way for me to approach any of it so I just gotta say it straight. I have pups in my pack too, and I'm sorry.

White noise, then. A part of her had always worried that he would have other lovers; it was the risk of conceiving out of wedlock. Her mother would've been ashamed of her once upon a time. After the initial shock, she tuned back in, expression unreadable now.

...I thought you hadn't gotten pregnant -- and that you'd turned me down anyway.

What? When had she turned him down, she thought? When Huā had come to him for advice, he suggested that she play the pregnancy off as a preplan, a sacrifice- but whatever other proposal might've been hidden underneath that had flown completely over her head. If he wanted her now, she would be his, all he had to do was vocalize it. Or had he read between the lines? Figured she didn't want him because she hadn't come to live with him? Her brow knotted then, slightly perplexed by his words. 

The fact that several women asked him to father their pups was... well, strange to her. At 海龙泻湖,it was the other way around- a man with great power might have many girls to bear his children- though he did little asking, and the girls did not request. It made sense in some ways, though. If he was the equivalent of the emperor here, of course he would have many concubines to give him plenty of offspring... right? But the key in that story was that there were the concubines, and then there was the wife. All she wished was that the other women would not rise above her, nor their children rise above her own, and that one day, she might see herself at his side. No big deal. 

But he was apologizing now, stating that it was a big deal. So what were these girls to him? Huā cared more about the other women than the children- she did not wish to be the side piece, the concubine. If the mothers of his other children were romantically involved with him... Huā didn't want to be the jealous bitch, but she was definitely the jealous bitch. Staying cool though. As his voice cracked, she got to her feet again and came to him, settling at his side and wrapping him into something like a canine hug. 

When he trailed off, she sighed gently. A long pause. 

It is okay, Mal. I am okay. You also will be okay. I do not care if you have other children, with other girl, I... I just want one thing from you. Other children do not inter- ah, not affect it. She pulled away to gaze at his face, his eyes. I just want you. More than the other women. Even if you have a lot of son and daughter, it is okay. She was quiet then, awkward, ears flattening to her head shyly and unsure how to continue, or how to explain the complexities of her feelings.
Messages In This Thread
and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 07, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 07, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 08, 2020, 08:39 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 08, 2020, 10:17 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 11, 2020, 10:04 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 11, 2020, 11:56 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 12, 2020, 04:48 AM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 12, 2020, 08:04 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 13, 2020, 02:42 AM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 13, 2020, 07:17 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - July 14, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - July 14, 2020, 03:48 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - August 01, 2020, 04:45 AM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - August 01, 2020, 07:15 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - August 11, 2020, 04:13 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Mal - August 14, 2020, 10:57 PM
RE: and the wind, whispering soft lullabies - by Huā - August 20, 2020, 12:29 AM