Firefly Glen I know that I'm rich enough for pride
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
She.. thanked him? First he just peered back as he listened. He slow blinked, but faced it forward immediately. Right, he supposed.. well, at least his attempts had been worth something. Antares rumbled something that was more a little grumble than an actual "you're welcome" but the sentiment was there, vaguely enough, like maybe if you really squinted... It didn't feel like he had done much except be halfway decent.

Which anyway, as for her pack, that was on them. At least she thought enough of them to think that way, the dark Ostrega suspected based on that answer. If nothing else, her distance did give her plenty of time to figure out a good explanation. She soon turned the inquiries back to him before he could sort out his own next point, though. Naturally, she would want to know more about him after telling him that much already. Antares didn't think telling her this would come back negatively to him, somehow. The faerie pack seemed a neutral presence, and she had nothing against him that he could find, so: Yeah, a lot. Siblings. Both littermates, and younger ones. He was among the oldest, after all, and there was a lot to be said for him. My parents lead the mountain with my uncle. All very present in his life. My grandparents founded it all here, so it's been in the family a while. Which was why he knew the area, he felt, and he wondered if that much of an answer satisfied her curiosities. It had been their stomping grounds for so very long, and he had yet to find a reason to leave its comforts.

He would field further questions about his family if she had them, though there was a gentle suggestion away from him when he perked up his ears, and mentioned: There's a.. decent spot coming up, he said, intentionally being vague to let suspense build. Antares picked up his pace, hoping that she would mirror him. On the way and even once there and beyond, he would show her some more of the glen, and tell her pieces of what he knew about the space, aiming mostly to keep it peaceful--because even he could be easier company when their interests seemed to align just enough, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 22, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 22, 2020, 06:10 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 23, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - September 26, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - September 29, 2020, 12:39 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 01, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 02, 2020, 12:49 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - October 25, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - October 29, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Izumi - November 20, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: I know that I'm rich enough for pride - by Antares - November 21, 2020, 02:40 AM