Lake Rodney i'll care for you
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta followed readily, happy to go anywhere with Osiris. She still kept to sleeping nearby to him, but fortunately had not slept walked again. That had been mortifying, but Osiris was gracious and forgiving. The two of them both acted as though it had not happened... which made things easier, for Leta. When they arrived to the Lake, Leta drew in a quiet breath and bounded toward the edges of the frozen waterbed, looking down. 

She wasn't really friend to all... not yet, anyway. Leta needed to work on socializing more; she committed to doing so then and there as she stared at her own reflection. Part of her delay she supposed was fear of loss. Clay, Nanook, Kaito, Newt—all she had loved, and all were dead or else gone. But as she did the math in her head, there were plenty of wolves she cared for still living and breathing. While she feared to lose those too, she remembered why she had come here in the first place. 

What do you think? 

That it was time to be braver, truly now. 

She looked back to him with a smile. It's beautiful here. Peaceful, she answered, tail waving.

Leta looked to Moonspear in the distance before her hazel gaze found him again. Osiris... I... I am sorry for being so... to myself, all this time. I... she breathed in. I didn't tell you this because... because I can hardly believe it. Clay, my brother...  he... he passed away, her shoulders sagged. She could not pretend to be unaffected. I am so scared, Osiris, to get really close to anyone, she started, feeling a bit pathetic for it. But Osiris, he had been with her all this time. And he had not gone anywhere. Nor had those around him. He seemed like an anchor to stability, and she stepped closer to him. But I want to try. Really try, she whispered. She could not live this half-life. While she was not unhappy, she was not happy, either—she wanted to do more than just exist, she realized.
Messages In This Thread
i'll care for you - by Osiris’s Ghost - January 05, 2021, 01:50 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Leta - January 05, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Osiris’s Ghost - January 05, 2021, 02:35 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Leta - January 05, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Osiris’s Ghost - January 05, 2021, 06:19 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Leta - January 05, 2021, 08:35 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Osiris’s Ghost - January 06, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: i'll care for you - by Leta - January 07, 2021, 01:22 PM
RE: i'll care for you - by Osiris’s Ghost - January 07, 2021, 03:18 PM