Firefly Glen while rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta listened as Polaris spoke, gaze turning back to the mountain. The snowhued woman held her attention captive, and her imaginings lit up the eyes of Leta. In her mind, now, she no longer saw simply a mountain as simply this monumental piece of land... but an entity with thought. Reaching, stretching toward the sky in the challenge that Polaris spoke of. Leta smiled in wonderment, enchanted by the idea. From here, Leta could not help but think (and breathe aloud), if any mountain were to win that challenge, it must be this one, here she blinked, looking almost bashfully to Polaris. Moonspear... I imagine it now as a stairway to the moon, she laughed, where whoever could climb such great heights could share in its spoils. If the mountain could do it, was not anything possible? 

If Polaris thought her thoughts silly, then Leta's were sillier still; she smiled good naturedly, and shook her head. That does not seem a bad habit... not since it produced that thought, I do not think, she replied softly. Better to think too deeply on that than ones own failures and losses. Leta looked back to Moonspear and thought to herself that it was a good thing Polaris had come to call. Her perspective was one Leta was in dire need of. 

Oh, it's gorgeous! And even though there are still not so wonderful wolves... well, Moonspear and the Glen are different than Easthollow, she spoke, voice soft. And oddly, it did not sour her heart to them. Leta understood. She wished that they had been near to Easthollow so that Ursus would have kept away from them and let them know peace. Violence existed here, but it was not the same. Leta's fears were primarily thanks to her own shortcomings, not when more bloodshed came for her family. 

Both were equally frightening, though. Ursus fangs had yet to suffocate her like her own thoughts managed to. The thought of them filled her with dread, to be sure.

And I'm... better than I was. I feel like... I feel like things are taking a turn now, she said, a breath of relief accompanying the words as she thought on her own decision. A good one... a little rambly now as a topic that warmed her tongue and her cheeks presented itself, and Osiris, he is wonderful, too... he is so kind, her gaze turned distant as she thought of him with a soft smile. and patient... I don't think I have met anyone half so patient as him, she said with a laugh. She had come to be brave, and was hardly any braver than the first day she had come here with that purpose.
Messages In This Thread
RE: while rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky - by Leta - January 07, 2021, 10:34 PM