Lake Rodney Queen of knives.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,527 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia wasn't sure if she was right, but she caught some insinuation behind Towhee's answer.  She'd hoped maybe Towhee would leave it at that and maybe give her a message, but nope.  Her discomfort grew considerably when she heard 'miscarriage' and she wondered if she shouldn't just kind of leave it.  But something in her couldn't.  She really didn't like what she read.

Look, I know I wasn't around much when I was in the Firebirds, and I really appreciate you letting me stay with you when I got hurt.  But I love Eljay, and he is, like, the least selfish wolf I know.  Obviously.  It had to be obvious to them too, yeah?  He never asks for anything, ever.  So when he says he needs something, it's important, and I have to trust him.  No matter what he promised, because that almost makes it even worse. Right?  She asked it more out of nerves than anything else, because even though she'd straightened up a little bit while talking (and her tone had shifted, not that Towhee would catch it), she still felt immensely self conscious talking to her like this.

I haven't really asked a lot because I want to give him what he needs.  And I don't want to make anything seem worse or bigger or different than what it is, so I can't really tell you much else.  She felt her fur heat up a bit as she began to feel flustered in the explanation, but she tried to keep her words slow and not let her mouth take off without her.  Maybe she really didn't want a message, especially if that message was just going to be even more pressure.
Messages In This Thread
Queen of knives. - by Towhee - March 10, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Maia - March 11, 2021, 05:44 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Towhee - March 11, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Maia - March 11, 2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Towhee - March 11, 2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Maia - March 14, 2021, 06:56 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Towhee - March 14, 2021, 08:23 PM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Maia - March 15, 2021, 03:47 AM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Towhee - March 15, 2021, 08:48 AM
RE: Queen of knives. - by Maia - March 15, 2021, 05:06 PM