Broken Antler Fen I want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Makes sense!

Eljay. Maia blinked, realizing she hadn't even wondered where he was. Her thoughts were sluggish, and she felt a slow pang that she'd forgotten about him for a little while. She didn't know where he was, but she suddenly wished very much that he was here. That way she could hide and let him handle things for a while, just as she'd done for him when he first arrived here.

Ibis didn't seem upset, which dawned on her slowly as she listened. That didn't make any sense. They're fine, Maia answered, almost automatically. But thinking of her newborn children helped, and some of the grief lessened. Two girls, Sylvia and Hymnal.

She should invite Ibis to see them, but it hadn't quite dawned on her yet that Ibis didn't know, and that felt like inviting more conversation than she wanted to have. I don't know where he is, she added, and suddenly she felt more tired than ever. I can't do this. I can tell him to find you.

She was going to start crying again, she could feel it. It was lurking there, beneath the surface, spurred by her sister and the fact that she suddenly needed Eljay here with her more than anything else. This front wasn't going to last long; it was already cracking apart as she stood here.
Messages In This Thread