Broken Antler Fen i am a fallen angel
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Okay!! Maia matched his enthusiasm easily, giving his head and side another affectionate nuzzle before she settled down a little more comfortably. Stories needed proper posture! And that posture was relaxation. She was grateful that, with everything going on, she could always give them this. And extremely thankful anytime they let her and honestly, truly seemed to be eager for it. She never wanted to take that for granted.

Once upon a time there was a young wolf named Twig Silversong! He was just nearly grown, a little older than you are now. Maia smiled, looking at Roswell. They were growing up so fast! And he loved to sing! Every day he would roam the forest of his home and learn songs from the birds that lived there. They taught him all sorts of things!! But as he got older, some of the best things they taught him were about beautiful places far away. Places he wanted to see.

Every story has a theme, and she wondered if it was smart, telling her children stories about heroes who left on grand adventures. The part of her that wanted them to have their own lives, just like she did, was always going to battle with the part that was just like Eljay used to be. The part that wanted to hold them close and keep them safe and never let them go. But in the end, she couldn't not tell the stories just because it scared her a little. She remembered loving ones just like this too much.

He learned, and he grew, and finally he was ready. So he left, but not without promising to come back and share all of the new songs he would learn.

He traveled for days before he finally met anyone!! But finally he arrived at a giant waterfall, set into the side of a massive mountain. He'd never seen anything so big! He knew there had to be someone here, so he began to look around. He lost their trail near the base of the waterfall, but as he turned away, a voice came from behind the water.

'WHO'S THERE!?' It boomed! And as he turned around, guess what was there?

Every time she told a story like this, it was hard not to think of Osprey. She waited, hoping he would pick something to appear from behind the water. Whatever it was she would use and, if he liked it, she'd weave it to recur in other stories as well. It was one of her favorite things to do.
Messages In This Thread
i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 09, 2021, 08:32 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 10, 2021, 10:17 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 10, 2021, 02:25 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 11, 2021, 09:55 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 11, 2021, 11:14 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 11, 2021, 03:06 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 13, 2021, 07:47 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 15, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - July 17, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Maia - July 25, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: i am a fallen angel - by Roswell - August 05, 2021, 09:55 AM