Lion Head Mesa [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Germanicus was intuitive as well as kind, quickly moving to offer comfort as Ruenna, in turn, revealed her own vulnerability-- or pieces of it. Germanicus had trusted her with the secrets of his own heart, and Ruenna knew she owed him her whole truth. Yet, the words caught it her throat before the pair were interrupted, and her courage to speak them had vanished completely by the time the fellahin sashayed back into the throng. 

The pair moved toward the palace, weaving through the party-goers with obligatory nods and murmurs of greeting. The new bride swept through, a vision of grace and beauty, and Ruenna's nerve further disintegrated. What could she hope to offer a man such as Germanicus? Her-- an aged, limping old maid. Why, she probably seemed just as old to him as Crowfeather appeared young. 

The hum of the crowd died away as they ducked into the throne room. Ruenna scarcely believed it when Germanicus asked to hear more. 

"Now, I think." No time like the present. Ruenna exhaled. "My vision was raising my children in the Caldera alongside a loving mate. This.. will be the re-vision." Her tail switched. She'd had chances in the past. Soltero. Mahler, perhaps. Either would have made an excellent husband. Ruenna had allowed both to slip away in favor of a higher loyalty. 

"A military outpost.." she breathed, brow furrowing. It was hardly the nurturing sanctuary she'd envisioned. Then again, she supposed children were raised in all sorts of places; some better, some worse. After a thoughtful pause, she nodded. Resolute. "It's not the ideal.. but I'd rather have the right partner than the right home." It was a truth she had learned the hard way. She met Germanicus's gaze. 

She'd be useful to him and his cause-- much moreso than she might have been whiling away her remaining years in domestic bliss. Of that much she was certain.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding. - by Ruenna - November 15, 2021, 09:44 PM