Dragoncrest Cliffs The heart is something you can't control.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
His mothers question made his brain stop. He didn't know what to say and let's blame that on why this reply is like a year late.

I don't have a good answer for you, Reyes was honest about it from the get-go, searching for the right words.

I love being their dad. I was there from the start, feeding them and protecting them, doing all that he could for them when they were small. I was determined to be there in a way my father wasn't. To break that cycle before it could perpetuate. Reyes had been afraid. Thinking that the way his father had abandoned the family after getting what he wanted from his mother was - somehow - the norm.

Now that they're older, I feel less involved. Not that it was his decision. After Towhee and I split, she made sure I didn't get to see them often. We aren't as close as I'd like, and there's no way to fix it. But with Teya I can at least find some happiness.
Messages In This Thread
The heart is something you can't control. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 16, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 01:47 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 07:24 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 27, 2021, 03:04 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2022, 01:12 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 08, 2022, 10:10 AM