Redsand Canyon I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna nodded encouragingly, listening to Malila's impressions of her training session. Ruenna thought she sounded optimistic about it; there may be hope yet that Malila could choose a path as an auxilia. 

Ruenna was even more pleased to hear that Malila had rethought her hasty answer. She accepted the apology readily. "You're forgiven, Malila. It was a lot to process all at once, and I understand the feelings you expressed. I also wanted to apologize. I spoke too harshly. Truthfully, my feelings were hurt. In the moment, it felt like you were belittling my position here, and that of the other wives." Ruenna searched Malila's face. 

"We are already fighting tooth and nail for the sliver of respect we receive from the soldiers. If I can't convince my own civilians that we serve a purpose here, how am I ever going to convince the soldiers?" They were big questions to pose to such a very young woman, and Ruenna didn't really expect an answer. She just wanted Malila to understand the extent of the situation here, and why it was so important that they stuck together and supported one another.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose. - by Ruenna - January 26, 2022, 09:01 PM