Blackwater Islands everglade
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the prophet had been curious when tulok brought this new method of communication to her, yet she had not thought to ask after its purpose. it had seemed obvious; a language exclusive to the druids promised no small advantage. but it seemed tulok's purpose in this had been more immediately practical. the acolyte who once could not speak now had a voice of his own.

i understand, she chose to speak her own response. you have done well, acolyte. already you have shown a willingness to learn, an ability to learn. now you will begin your true training. together, we will see if you are fit to become a druid. walk with me.

she started toward the center of the druids' grove, where a cave dubbed the thaumaturges' sanctum lay.

you are training under tulok for now. he is teaching you the way of the thaumaturge, those who deal in the magic of death and blood. but there are other paths open to you as well. there is magic in art, too; in hymns and prayers, in dances and paintings. and there is magic in life, in the flowering greenery all around and the hides and bones of creatures long-passed.

but before you make your choice, you must learn what it truly is to be a druid. we serve a force greater than ourselves in pursuit of a higher goal. to bring balance to the world. sometimes this will mean being a hero in the stories of the wilds... other times, a villain. for now these will seem only words to you. soon you will experience the truth of it, and you will learn that this path is not easy or kind. do you understand?

she looked to him for his response.

i am terribly sorry for keeping you waiting. i had to make some assumptions to make this fit with my prior posts, but if it's out of character for @Tulok i will make alterations <33
Messages In This Thread
everglade - by The Listener - March 29, 2022, 12:10 PM
RE: everglade - by The Nameless - March 29, 2022, 12:16 PM
RE: everglade - by The Listener - March 29, 2022, 12:27 PM
RE: everglade - by The Nameless - March 29, 2022, 12:45 PM
RE: everglade - by The Listener - March 29, 2022, 01:03 PM
RE: everglade - by The Nameless - March 30, 2022, 09:47 AM
RE: everglade - by The Listener - May 24, 2022, 12:28 PM