The Sentinels come on, make it easy, say i never mattered.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
His words finally seemed to get through to her. It should’ve made him happy, and it did on some level, yet the victory felt hollow. He’d somehow pictured her falling into his arms, telling him how much she’d missed him, how much she needed him, how much she wanted him. How he’d opened her eyes and made her realize she’d been a fool running after Bronco, it should’ve been him all along.

She didn’t, of course, and Penn couldn’t really say he was surprised. He had blown it a long time ago. He didn’t deserve a second chance. He’d probably just fuck it up again if he ever got one anyway.

And in truth, he knew it was for the best. If she reached for him now, it wouldn’t be for the reasons he wanted. He would be the bottle of whiskey she pulled from the shelf to lose herself in for the night. He would help make her forget, but leave her hungover in the morning, swearing to herself up and down that she’d never drink again. Penn didn’t want to be that to her. He didn’t want to be her regret.

But… if it was all he ever got. If it was all she ever gave him.

Penn stirred himself from the thought with a grim smile, glad that she was blind as he didn’t have the energy to wear his mask. ”How could I forget,” he replied wryly. He wondered if she knew she was the curse. He wondered if she’d ever know how much he’d loved being cursed.

”So where are you and the ever gallant Sir Figment headed?” Penn asked, though he knew the information would be pointless to hold. He couldn’t go with her, could make no promises to find her. Still, he liked knowing where she was in the world. Just in case he ever managed to learn one day how to stop fucking everything up.
Messages In This Thread
come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 09, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 17, 2022, 08:47 PM