Dragoncrest Cliffs We leap from the cliff and we hear the wind sing
Loner
340 Posts
Ooc — Jess
"De loa," She said softly, reverently. It was something she wanted to learn more about- as she believed it involved the energy which created the land, and all of its creatures and plants. She would have asked to know more, but wasn't sure if it was her place. Perhaps she was too young, yet, to know those secrets. Perhaps the wolves who knew the most about them had been chosen. 

And Sobo asked her about trees- that was an easy way to sidetrack her. Her features brightened. "Well, in dis area of de land, on de sea-side edge near de cliffs, we 'ave a few different types of trees." She said. "I 'ave learned dat....Dis one, dis one 'ere. Smell it- is like pine, no? I t
'ink it be pine, but I be callin' it 'cat pine' because when you get de sap,"
She said, plucking a low-lying branch off, so that the sap would pool slowly from the wound. The aroma of pungent feline urine came in wafts from the tree. "See? I 'ave not decided yet if dis be a defense mechanism, but I t'ink it be so." "Dese ones, wid needles? Dey be evergreens. Dey do not lose deir leaves, not like de ones closer to de meadows." She said. "Come wid, I show you de tallest ones!" She said, keen to leave the foul smell of the white spruce behind, and lead him toward the stand of trees that lined the edge of the cliffs where the great redwood grew.
Messages In This Thread
We leap from the cliff and we hear the wind sing - by Suzu - November 23, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: We leap from the cliff and we hear the wind sing - by Suzu - January 23, 2023, 02:07 PM