Sunspire Mountains praying like a fool who just shot a gun
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
How could Aquene not be angry with him? He had left her with their two young sons to go on a scouting mission and because of that decision, he had been captured and kept from them for months. His sons wouldn't even know him now. But he was so relieved to be in her embrace and to have her scent filling his lungs, that he couldn't voice any of that. He just wanted to pretend for a little bit that nothing was complicated and just be with her. Aquene, I have missed you so much. You and the boys were the only things that kept me going at times. His breath was shaky for a moment as painful memories flooded his mind. I never want to be apart from you again, he murmured against her. 

She had even tried to make sure the twins knew he hadn't wanted to be away from them. She was too good for him. She was an angel, and he was some scarred angry monster that escaped from the depths of hell. 

Aquene told him of the changes in Mereo, some he had already seen for himself. She was correct in that the canyon was not the same home he had left. He was sad to hear that the matrona had left, and he wondered how the imperator had dealt with it all. I can see you as matrona, he told her, kissing her cheek. He couldn't help but nuzzle and kiss her over and over; he had been unable to do those things for so long. 

She assured him that she was fine, especially now that he had returned, and Kallik nodded, kissing her cheek again. She said she could look at his wounds, that the tablinum should have been kept stocked. He hoped so because it would be impossible to do anything about it in the middle of the winter. For now, he only wanted to focus on Aquene. he pressed his face into her fur again, letting the feel of it push away the guilt and despair.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 12, 2022, 06:46 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 12, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 12, 2022, 11:43 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 13, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 17, 2022, 12:57 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 27, 2022, 10:24 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - January 11, 2023, 09:42 PM