Dragoncrest Cliffs Maybe I've spoken too soon
Loner
340 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
Suzu went fishing in the shallows near the tide pools, poised on the rocks and diving in like a harpoon whenever a fish flashed close enough. She wanted something fresh and easy to eat, but she was far too buoyant and plush to be able to dive the way she wanted to. Months of eating primarily whale blubber had made her thick with fat, which was good for the winter, but made it much more difficult for her to catch anything that swam. Yet again she dove and missed, scaring the fish in the area away. She bobbed back to the surface and hissed saltwater curses before she paddled back to shore. 

She shook the excess water from her coat and began to stomp from the area when movement caught her eye. Between two heaps of stone, the remainders of the fish trap leaned against the waves, covered now by long, dark strands of kelp. She huffed, and turned her face away from the reminder of times gone by- times that had been happy, before the boys had returned home maimed and bloody. 

The slap of fins against water made her freeze, though. She looked back toward the trap- and caught a flash of silver in the kelp. She dashed toward the barricade, and in its slippery embrace found a wriggling salmon. She batted it into shallower waters so it could not escape, and nabbed it as soon as it hit the water. It slapped her cheeks with its tail, but she held on tight, squeezing her jaws into its sides. The salmon was massive- and because of its maturity, it had been caught in the net she'd made with Swordfish. 

By the time she reached the Roja den, the fish had fallen still. Her heart raced, still, with excitement. While the scent of blood, herbs and stale breath made her slightly woozy, she braved it all so that she might provide them with what she had to offer. She uttered a soft chuff so that @Quennell and @Swordfish might know she'd arrived, and entered into the darkness carefully.
Messages In This Thread
Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Suzu - January 16, 2023, 03:23 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Etienne - January 23, 2023, 07:03 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Swordfish - January 24, 2023, 12:52 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Suzu - February 01, 2023, 12:50 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Etienne - February 01, 2023, 08:13 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Swordfish - February 28, 2023, 06:46 PM
RE: Maybe I've spoken too soon - by Suzu - March 21, 2023, 12:50 PM