Neverwinter Forest let's leave my truck in the drive
Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
While it was counterproductive to the direction she was traveling in Heph had caught the trail of a herd head south and decided to follow it a short distance to see whether or not she might catch out an animal already weakening into the early winter. It would bolster her for the journey even if she could not afford to travel long distances with anything bulky. Nothing stuck out to her about the members of the herd. There were more than enough wolves about to pick off any obvious weak links and the ones that she could see were alert, and looked clean-limbed and strong, not suffering from near misses with any other hunters.

She might have given it up when she caught the fresh trail of a doe that had separated from the herd - a mistake but hopefully a lucky one for her. But when she continued on, leaving the herd behind she began catching the traces and signs of another wolf. There was a moment's hesitation at the presence of another canine about, one that was alone as far as she could tell. Not all loners wished to share the hunt any more than they wished to share the catch and even if she were to prove a useful ally there was no guarantee that she would be able to take her own bite to eat.

But she was close enough anyways that she kept her steps silent and approached, the winds of this forest she had only visited a handful of times but in her search with the sunrise-looking she-wolf had become familiar enough that she traversed them with her usual confidence. She stopped short of the rather tall looking brown-pelted wolf, considering his frame duly. "Mind a second set of teeth?" Her voice was uncharacteristically soft and clear of any laughter, the doe would spook easily without her herd and she did not want to disrupt the hunt before it began and force them into a chase where she could easily become the hunted and the hunter all at once - although the prospect did hold a certain thrill.
Messages In This Thread
let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - January 21, 2023, 05:40 AM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - January 21, 2023, 05:05 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - January 22, 2023, 11:18 AM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - January 23, 2023, 12:04 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - January 23, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - January 25, 2023, 07:46 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - January 26, 2023, 05:29 AM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - January 29, 2023, 04:02 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - February 01, 2023, 06:34 AM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - February 01, 2023, 05:33 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - February 02, 2023, 02:08 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - February 04, 2023, 01:33 PM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Rhaegal - February 05, 2023, 06:30 AM
RE: let's leave my truck in the drive - by Heph - February 05, 2023, 04:29 PM