Redhawk Caldera tarot flip
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,527 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
we can fade this if you like <3 I’ve been real struggling on writing Maia, apologies for this stretching on!

Chickadee nodded and Maia settled in, silently giving her space to cuddle alongside if she wanted. It was a few years ago, before Brecheliant even existed. I was traveling nearby and knew that your dad lived in the Caldera. But I didn’t know how close to it I was. She smiled. I already had a big old crush on him then, but we were friends. He’d already been married, and I didn’t think I could ever measure up to Wildfire, even if she had passed away. She was amazing. Maia hadn’t known her well, but she remembered that much.

I met a stranger, in the woods. I thought he was friendly, but he wasn’t. I got away, and ran as fast as I could, until eventually I must have reached the Caldera. I still don’t really know how I ended up there, but something must have been looking out for me. Your dad found me and stayed with me. I was there for a few weeks, and that’s when we admitted how we felt to each other. It turned out that he loved me too. She smiled, remembering how awkward the entire thing had been.

That’s when your Aunt Wraen came looking for me. We had been traveling together, and she didn’t want to live in the Caldera. I didn’t want to leave her, but I didn’t want to leave Eljay either. So I convinced her we needed a pack of our own, right next door. That pack was Brecheliant.

We stayed that way a while, but it was hard, even living with a territory between us. I know how much your dad loved the Caldera, but I couldn’t leave Wraen. She was sick, and had been for a while, and… I just knew. She didn’t want to get too into that, so she just shook her head, her smile taking on a slight sadness. She hadn’t been willing to admit it to herself, but she’d known they wouldn’t have long.

The pack your dad was in, Redhawk Caldera, was led by a woman named Towhee. She’s kind of your aunt too. She and Eljay had a bit of a falling out, and afterwards, he came to live with me in the fen. The rest is kind of history. I don’t know how we would have solved it, if that hadn’t happened. Maybe we just would have lived here sooner. She chuckled, then gave Chickadee a light kiss on the forehead.

It wasn’t a particularly thrilling story, but it was one she loved to look back on. Through everything, they’d worked and compromised and refused to give up because no matter what, they knew the love they had would be enough. She wanted all of her children to find something like that someday.

All of it was worth it, every single part, to get the chance to have you and your brothers and sisters. She added, voice sure and full of love. They were their happy ending.
Messages In This Thread
tarot flip - by Chickadee - February 19, 2023, 01:55 PM
RE: tarot flip - by Maia - February 20, 2023, 12:47 AM
RE: tarot flip - by Chickadee - February 22, 2023, 10:44 PM
RE: tarot flip - by Maia - February 24, 2023, 11:58 AM
RE: tarot flip - by Chickadee - March 03, 2023, 09:35 PM
RE: tarot flip - by Maia - March 05, 2023, 10:23 AM
RE: tarot flip - by Chickadee - March 07, 2023, 04:44 PM
RE: tarot flip - by Maia - March 17, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: tarot flip - by Chickadee - March 24, 2023, 05:44 PM
RE: tarot flip - by Maia - May 09, 2023, 10:54 AM