Stavanger Bay I get caught up in your heart-strings
Moonglow
Beta*
307 Posts
Ooc — Box
She drew close as Lestan backed away, her steps careful and cautious. Vairë was no great healer, she could admit that, and in that moment she felt so young she could hardly stand it.

The woman before her was no older than she, perhaps. She couldn’t be too old, and Vairë felt for her greatly as she racked her coat with her eyes, slowly dragging them across her body, from her slack face to her rapidly bloodsoaked tail. That made her frown as deep as she had ever frowned, the pull on her face muscles causing a sharp ache in her head.

The doe lowered her head and took a quick breath, blinking a few times as she tried to register the scent.

She chewed her cheek.

Spirits, she was in over her head with this one.

She has a fever, from what I can tell. I will not lie to you, I do not know the causes of this. Her dual toned gaze, hazel and spring, lifted from the woman to the man standing as still as the stone of the mountains.

I will call for my mother. She may know this. And didn’t that sting, but Vairë knew to put her pride aside. This was the life of a woman, a fellow member of Saltshore, a friend who hadn’t become a friend yet. She closed her eyes, inhaled, then straightened.

Get her somewhere safe. I’ll bring Kukutux there when she arrives. She would wait for Lestan to respond, first.

Messages In This Thread
I get caught up in your heart-strings - by Reverie - May 23, 2023, 06:15 PM
RE: I get caught up in your heart-strings - by Vairë - May 25, 2023, 02:32 PM