Stone Circle It's you, it's me, it's us
Kvarsheim
Nornir*
39 Posts
Ooc — Van
For a moment, Kristjan was struck by the thought that maybe he would be the only one to promise. Worry threatened to overwhelm him as he looked desperately to his quiet siblings:

Astrid, distant and despondent, barely extending a paw to acknowledge Tauris' request; Sven, eyes filled with anger and grief, gave only a stiff nod; and somber, introspective Ujurak was quiet the longest until he spoke as well.

Relief silently quelled the hurting child. His family was suffering but they were not entirely undone — each of them like a cracked mirror, not yet shattered, though threatening still to fall into pieces. He saw his own broken reflection in each of them and tried not to cry as Tauris held close to those who allowed it.

Kristjan moved to draw them closer and squeeze between his brothers and sister, closing his eyes and taking in their warmth as if he were afraid to lose them, too.

A part of him had died with his father, that spirit of innocence which could not be reborn, but with this death also came new life. For where there once had been an immortal boy certain that life would not change, there would now stand an earthbound cherub of infinite, insatiable appreciation.

He would never take anyone for granted again.
Messages In This Thread
It's you, it's me, it's us - by Tauris - October 21, 2023, 04:55 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Kristjan - October 21, 2023, 06:59 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Astrid - October 22, 2023, 10:41 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Sven - October 23, 2023, 12:17 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Ujurak - November 05, 2023, 05:58 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Tauris - November 09, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: It's you, it's me, it's us - by Kristjan - November 20, 2023, 07:04 PM