Hoshor Plains kivva ⥈
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,529 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
More and more kindness. Maia could hear Eljay’s voice in her ear and wishes she was as good and as forgiving as her husband. But she wasn’t. She couldn’t forgive or forget what had been done, even if she resolved not to let that affect her daughter’s relationship with her new family. Maia would always know that behind this woman’s kind eyes lay the cruelty to call for Wraen’s death - all because Arcturus had chosen a different life.

She isn’t mine. She’ll always be my daughter, but I haven’t been the one she has needed for a long time. You might do things differently in the Moon packs, but most of my children have chosen their own paths and left home. I would never try to stop them from doing that, and because of that, I trust them to come home when they need me. If Chickadee wants me to be a part of this, I will be. But I won’t do it for you.

Maia stood, her stomach clenched nervously. Still, her voice was firm as she delivered this, and it didn’t waver as she continued. I’m glad that my daughter is happy. And I’m glad that she respects you, and seems to love you as well. I won’t teach my children to feel any differently. But I know better. Don’t ask me to lie to you.

She had no interest in taking her gift. She had no interest, suddenly, in listening to the other woman’s attempts to sooth her hurt. She had no right to pity Maia. It was true that Kukutux seemed the image of the perfect mother - packs full of her children, all rotating around a matriarch who commanded an absurd amount of loyalty and adoration. And it was true that Maia had made more mistakes than anyone who wished to call themselves a “good mother” could afford. But she didn’t need to be coddled.

Chickadee deserved to choose for herself. Maia would not allow Kukutux to assume her daughter’s wants, not even for her own benefit.
Messages In This Thread
kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 26, 2023, 10:54 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 26, 2023, 11:15 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 27, 2023, 12:17 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 27, 2023, 12:39 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 27, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 27, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Kukutux - December 28, 2023, 11:59 AM
RE: kivva ⥈ - by Maia - December 28, 2023, 02:56 PM