Arrow Lake the truth is i never shook my shadow
Rivenwood
Birch
my darkness is shining
204 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
ava sat down with a long sigh, holding her skull between two paws.

her head hurt.  

where had dinah gone, would she ever come home, why hadn’t ava gone with her, would dinah forgive her, would she ever see her again, why had mama had more kids, why weren’t they enough, why does ava’s head hurt—

will it ever stop?

hunger raked her thinning belly. she’d caught nothing since she left; her disorientation handicapped any chance of stealth, and as it turned out seeing two of everything made for a shit hunter. 

ava’s gaze turned to the sky where blurred clouds threaded through beads of oscillating blue. did caracal ever look down at them and wonder where the pieces of his family went?

a scoff. dinah’s scent faded here. ava worried the dirt with her muddied paw, wondering if mama noticed she’d traded her last surviving daughters for newborn sons.
Messages In This Thread
the truth is i never shook my shadow - by Ava Amara - April 02, 2024, 09:25 PM
RE: the truth is i never shook my shadow - by Anathema - April 03, 2024, 12:49 PM
RE: the truth is i never shook my shadow - by Ava Amara - April 03, 2024, 04:34 PM
RE: the truth is i never shook my shadow - by Anathema - April 03, 2024, 05:53 PM
RE: the truth is i never shook my shadow - by Ava Amara - April 05, 2024, 09:21 AM