Morningside Cuesta 00. the fool
Loner
40 Posts
Ooc — KT
The Hierophant arrived with little ceremony aside from the brilliant sunset that accompanied him across the cuesta.

He had invested half of his days here; the other half, in Blackwater. God had permeated it all, but today the man arrived alone. He found purpose in the purposelessness of it, focused only on putting one foot in front of the next.

CLOSED for threads
Loner
121 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tag for invitation with permission, totally optional but no rush if you do want to join <3
Time to leave.

Though no words would ever pass her sister's lips, Ana understood her silent beckoning all the same. From the bypass they drifted like shadows shifting with the passing of day. She did not know yet where they would go, she and @Ava Amara.

Where did shadows go when the sun chased them away?

She did not know. But she knew they went together.

Together, piece by piece.

Another piece now on the wind; the scent of a brother long-forgotten. Abel, Ana whispered to her sister, scarcely aware she'd spoken at all. Her eyes only lingered on Ava for a moment longer before she pressed forward. Abel. Abel. Abel.

Abel —

Her voice half a gasp when she found him; half a cry. Trembling, she reached for him.
Loner
40 Posts
Ooc — KT
He knew it was her in his heart before he could confirm it fully with his eyes. In an instant, his harlequin sister is streaking her comet path towards him, leaving Ava to stand alone. If she does not join them now, he will have his reunion with her soon enough.

Abel, she says.

The last he saw her, neither one of them had loosened their tongues. But the boy had been raised as a god, and as such, god must use his tongue to interface with the world. Ana, he replies, I'm home.

It surprises him, these words that spill out. This wasn't home, not to him — but maybe she was, and maybe that's why he felt compelled to say it.
CLOSED for threads
Loner
121 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm home.

This isn't really home. Not to me. But you are.

Home; not a place but four souls tied together by the tragedy of their birth. Anathema swept her brother into an embrace, weeping openly now. Still they remained incomplete; missing a piece of their puzzle.

But they would find their sibling. Together, surely.

She cast a single glance over her shoulder at Ava. Her eyes found Abel again. I wanted to find you, Ana confessed softly. I wanted to find the sea. But I was too scared.

I want to go there now. All of us.
Loner
40 Posts
Ooc — KT
There is room for her tears in the crook of his arm, in the berth of his chest. He pulls her close now and allows her to weep. His eyes are dry but his heart is full as she tells him that he wasn't forgotten.

It means more than she knows. Some part of him had convinced himself that he would be, that when the sea dragged him to its depths and he made a deal with the Devil, he forsake any memories in order to escape with his life.

It is now he realizes that none of it was real.

Ana wants to go back.

Abel hates the water. But he will go there, if that is where she wants to go. His love will carry him there.

Then let us go, he says.
CLOSED for threads
Loner
my darkness is shining
209 Posts
Ooc —
*Koolaid man crash* im so sorry i’m late!! cameo/feel free to PP me and don’t wait for me to post <3

abel. 

ava scented him before she saw him. her sister whispers in shock, and then suddenly the pair is streaking together, steps in tandem — towards the patchwork brother they’d both assumed was lost forever. 

anathema held him tight; ava buried her head into the plush of his ruff. they spoke of the sea; of their ancestral homeland. ava had forgotten the feel of sand between her toes, the tang of brine on the breeze —

she held them both in her mismatched gaze. wherever they go, she would follow.