Moonspear i imagine death so much it feels more like a memory
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Joining 
Anyone is welcome! Gonna ping @Charon in case you're interested!

Home was ahead and the world behind, and Ragna could not be happier. Her months away from home had been fraught with danger as much as adventure, and the thought of peace and stability were more enticing than the thrill of the world beyond. Home would mean family, a place to sleep each night, and food in her belly each night.

Finding her family and her pack proved difficult when, upon arriving to her birth home, she found it occupied. The scents were new and different, and the thought that any would dare to settle land that had once been her family's (once been hers) made her angry. She veered south, away from the coast, following a stale, sparse scent that was more likely to lead her astray than to bring her home. Her head and her heart hurt, like she was containing something so much greater than herself. There was a storm brewing within her and she was tired. Ragna wanted very much to go home, but she no longer knew where that was.

Time passed and her weary feet followed trails that, like tributaries, combined and grew stronger, until she came upon a border marked with what didn't smell quite like home, but was close enough. Perhaps, if they weren't there, this pack would at least know where her family had gone. So, with a hopeful heart, she called for a leader, sat, and waited.
[Image: warrior.gif] guardian · 3/10 
[Image: gamekeeper.gif]4/5
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She was no leader, nor did she aspire to be one, yet Wildfire couldn't resist investigating the howl that rose on the cold air, especially since she was already so near the borders. Giving her red coat a shake, she began traipsing in the direction from whence it came. The voice had sounded young and feminine. Perhaps it was a wayward yearling seeking refuge as winter's icy clutches tightened on the wilderness.

When she spotted the stranger lingering near the borderline, she was immediately struck with a sense of familiarity. The figure, though certainly womanly, reminded her of Floki, Tevinter and Kaylan. Come to think of it, wasn't there also a missing sister? But what were the odds that she would arrive here, within days of Kaylan, who had materialized not long after Tevinter's magical appearance?

If she was their prodigal sibling, then Wildfire supposed the logic didn't matter one bit. There were no less than three to five wolves who would be happy to see her, if she was indeed one of the Loðbrók clan. The young Delta approached, trying not to stare too hard at the other female's crystal blue eyes. Yeah, she's definitely a Loðbrók.

"Hey there," she said when she neared the other young she-wolf. "I'm not a leader but I thought I'd come say 'hi' while we wait for one. I'm Wildfire. Who are you?"
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
The air was cold and clear, and before long a light snow began to fall. With a great deal of satisfaction, Ragna listened to her howl fly up the slopes of the mountain towering above. Though the peak had a name-- how could it not?-- Ragna could not recall its name. The sea salt that blew in on rare briney breezes flavored her return with nostalgia, reminding her dimly of her childhood. It had seemed so long ago, though she knew it to only be months. Winter was closing in fast, and Ragna only hoped she could find a home-- temporary or not-- before it was too late.

The snow had begun to stick to her fur when another wolf appeared. From a distance, Ragna mistook her for a fox, but when she drew near Ragna decided that this was not the case. The wolf seemed to be of an age with Ragna, or near enough. She was all reds and blacks, and Ragna thought that she was pretty. Nervous, Ragna shifted her stance into what she thought was an acceptable posture.

At first, when the girl mentioned that she was not a leader, Ragna found herself frustrated. Then, with great relief, she realized that it would spare her a stressful interaction with a leader. Charon had been Beta, and her mother had been Alpha, but it was different when they were family. Other leaders were more intimidating than she liked, and they made her feel very small. "Um, hi," Ragna said, averting her eyes politely. "I'm Ragna Loðbrók Ragnarsson. Who are you?"
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She detected a bit of anxiety in the stranger, which might explain why she asked who Wildfire was in spite of her introduction just seconds before. "You can call me Wifi," she replied with an easy smile and a flick of her black tail, "or even Dhole. Take your pick." She laughed quietly, then added, "I thought you looked like one. A Loðbrók, I mean. I know your brothers. All... four of them. Charon, Floki, Tevinter and Kaylan." She rattled off their names in the order she had met them. "And Thistle too."

"What brings you here, Ragna?" the diplomatic Delta asked, taking a seat even as she motioned for the other she-wolf to make herself comfortable. Perhaps she was searching for her family, in which case she'd definitely come to the right place! But was she only here for a visit or did she hope to stay? Wildfire's pale chestnut eyes sparkled curiously as she awaited an answer.
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Oh dang my reading comprehension was A+ last night lmao.

She realized her mistake only moments after she had made it and inwardly reprimanded herself. "It's nice to meet you, Wifi," she said, forcing a smile. Her ears perked when Wildfire mentioned her brothers then, even better, her mother. "You know them?" Ragna asked brightly. So she had been right to come here! They were alive, and probably nearby! Now her smile turned more genuine. And Wifi had said that she looked like them, making Ragna feel all the more like she was getting closer to her family.

"Are they here?" she blurted. Then, more quietly, she added, "I came looking for them." Ragna dared another look at the she-wolf, then settled down in a Sphinx-like position. She dared to feel hopeful that her search had ended and she was, finally, home.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
It happens! ;)

Ragna immediately brightened at the mention of her family. Wildfire nodded and replied, "Yes and yes. Although, I guess you would've known Tevinter by his former name. Jorunn?" She wasn't entirely certain she'd remembered that correctly, so she shot Ragna a look to confirm it. "Charon's actually the Alpha here. Floki was here when he founded the pack. I actually joined a few days after that. Then Tevinter came along... and Kaylan reappeared just a few days back, actually." He was still a wild card. "The gang's all here now," Wildfire remarked with a twitch of her lips.

All five aforementioned wolves were varying levels of afflicted by the things they'd gone through the past several months. But Ragna appeared reasonably well-adjusted, all things considered. Wildfire wondered what had happened to her and where she'd been all this time, so she asked. "Where have you been? I'm sure your brothers and mother will be very happy to see you. In fact, I'd be happy to call them directly if you like. Do you think you'll be joining...?" the would-be recruiter also wondered aloud.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Wind-blown and wild-furred from time on the upper elevations, she'd been working her way down when the howl had come to her. She'd almost been there, or gearing up to rest once there, rather, but the message had been clear enough for a leader's ear. Ame only paused to drink at a nearby creek before she began to zero in on the unknown stranger that had called.

She caught wind of Wildfire along the way, and hoped that by the time Ame got there, the details had been exchanged so far so that she could keep this brief -- whether it be a visitor or a potential recruit. She wasn't scenting Charon anywhere, so guessed that he hadn't made it out here either.

When she saw the unknown wolf, who was a pale, lean female of bright blue eyes, she wondered if perhaps he would've been better suited to this than her. Everything about her appearance said relative of his and Ame did find herself very much reminded of Floki (and Tevinter too, of course) when looking at her. It was clear she was most likely a relation of the Loðbróks, if not one herself.

Amekaze carried herself proudly but relaxed as well. She was at ease here and there was little question of her status, considering the scent markings. "Greetings," she purled when she arrived alongside the two younger females, and knew she'd probably interrupted the flow of the conversation as she did so. But all the same, she was curious to hear this for herself -- whatever it may be.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Ragna's heart fluttered, and an easy relief washed over her like a cool breeze. She smiled, albeit shyly, and nodded. "Jorunn, yeah," she said fondly. Inwardly, Ragna wondered why he had changed his name. Asking was out of the question, though. Ragna would hear it from him herself, after all. And oh! wouldn't that be great? She had been gone for months, and certainly things had changed. But Floki and Jorunn--Tevinter-- were her brothers. Her family would forgive her for her absence, and then she'd get to learn everything she had missed. And clearly she had missed quite a lot.

Wildfire's next question had her shuffling her paws. She wished that she had a great tale of adventure and danger, but the truth of the matter was that she had wandered away and just kept on walking until she got homesick. That sounded selfish, though, and stupid, and she didn't want to admit to it.

The arrival of another wolf, far older than Ragna or Wildfire, prevented her from responding right away. The new wolf was black as night and of noble bearing. The ease with which she approached announced her status as Alpha far more effectively than words could, and Ragna's stomach began to writhe with nerves anew. "Hi," she said softly, avoiding the she-wolf's gaze. "I'm Ragna Loðbrók Ragnarsson. I'd like to join." She dared a quick glance at them both. Already she forgot that Wildfire had asked where she had been.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Before Ragna could share her story, Ame arrived and joined them. Wildfire partially turned toward the Alpha female, head dipping and tail falling slack, the tip wagging slightly. She reached out to bump the other female's dark chin with her nose, then glanced expectantly at their guest. Fortunately, Ragna introduced herself and promptly declared her intention to join. Wildfire's tail waved, glad that the last of the four Lodbrok children had come home to stay.

"She's their sister," Wildfire mentioned helpfully, tipping her head. She knew Ame would know she was referring to Charon, Floki, Tevinter and Kaylan. The resemblance among the siblings was quite obvious. "We haven't talked long but it's all positive so far. I was just asking her where she's been," the Delta reported, flashing Ragna an encouraging smile before her amber eyes glanced toward the Alpha's face. Wordlessly, she took a few steps back to hover in the background while the leader took over the interview.

You two are welcome to skip me. Just tag me when it's time to wrap it up. :)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Given the assortment of Loðbróks she had come to know, who were all of strong wills in one way or another, she was pleased to see a glimmer of her mother's mannerisms first of all in her gentle greeting. Of course, Amekaze knew there was more than just that. The viking's sons had always done well to interest her, sometimes to the point of impressing her outright, so it was easy to give the girl her entire focus just to see what she was about. "I am Ame, Moonspear Alpha along with Charon," she provided with a flick of her tail, assuming his status here was known by her. If not, well, it would be now.

Ame nodded. Wildfire confirmed it just as the name and appearances alike had suggested. "Ah, yes.. I am sure they have missed you," she said. Charon had mentioned her before, but Amekaze didn't remember the exact circumstances of her disappearance in particular -- if there were any. With all the Loðbrók offspring suddenly resurfacing, it was a lot to keep tabs on.

Wildfire also then gave her briefing and it was an affirmative so far. Ame noted this with a satisfied rumble, she turned back to the blue-eyed female with a nod to see what she may have to say in regards to what she'd been asked. Where she'd been was certainly a topic of interest. How she'd managed to come back to them was another one.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Posting again to conclude this, since Ragna has gone inactive.

Although silent, Wildfire listened raptly as Amekaze questioned Ragna about her previous whereabouts, her strengths and weaknesses, her future plans and the other topics Alphas liked to cover at a joining interview. Everything checked out, more or less, plus there was the fact that Ragna's entire family was here. After letting the young she-wolf ask any questions she might have, she was then welcomed to join the ranks of Moonspear, much to Wildfire's delight. It was not only good to take on a new pack mate, this was Floki's sister, a girl, and the young ambassador liked to think she had helped in recruiting her properly.

A tour was usually the first order of business but that didn't seem appropriate with this particular newcomer. "C'mon, Ragna, let me take you to your mother and brothers." With a soft jerk of her head and a glance at Ame—the Alpha female was welcome to join them for the family reunion, of course—Wildfire broke into a trot, leading the latest Lodbrok into the heart of Moonspear.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The exchange that followed granted her a better glimpse into the girl's demeanor and history. She could find no fault in any of it, and granted the lost-now-found daughter passage into the pack. Amekaze could already imagine the relief her family would find knowing that indeed, Ragna survived. Not only was she alive and well, but she'd made her way back to them. While it wasn't quite the same sentimentality as their bayside birthplace, it had to be better than wandering the wilds alone. So, she assumed Ragna may fit in nicely.

Ame wouldn't postpone her reunion any longer, and let Wildfire lead the way deeper into the territory. She padded along a few lengths behind them.