Redhawk Caldera Mirror's edge
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
@Somnia @Eljay If you both have time! :) Slight PP of Eljay, let me know if you mind, Iris. <3

"I want you to meet an old friend of mine," Elwood said as he led Eljay away from the den. He glanced over his shoulder, marveling at how tall the youth had grown. He was beginning to fill out and almost resembled an adult, although there was still a gawky, immature air about him. It was hard to believe that he would ascend in rank in just two short months.

It was a short walk to Somnia's den, and Elwood announced their presence with a short, sharp bark. He couldn't tell if she was actually home or not, but if there wasn't a response from her, he would start tracking her down.
Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay obediently followed daddy as they went on their way to a friend of his. Eljay had thought he knew all of daddy's friends, but apparently he hadn't quite yet. He didn't ask any questions, however, and just followed daddy quietly until they reached a (presumably daddy's friends') den and daddy barked to announce his presence.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Lucky for them, Somnia was home, enjoying some time to just clear her mind and enjoy the peace and quiet. Technically, it was disrupted when they arrived, but she would gladly forfeit that to spend time with Elwood. She emerged from the den, woofing in greeting when she spotted Eljay. Up until that point, Somnia had not known Eljay was with him. She paused on the spot, taking a moment to examine the boy. "He's so cute!" She said to Elwood before directing her attention to Eljay.

"I'm Somnia. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself. "I'm a friend of your dad, and hopefully I can be your friend too." Somnia gave a friendly wag of her tail, trying to empathize her friendliness.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood grinned when Somnia exited her den, watching as her eyes fixed on Eljay. The boy very much resembled both of his parents, and while he had grown out of the "cute" puppy stage and into the awkward body of a teenager, Elwood was happy to hear Somnia comment on his appearance. She then focused her attention fully on the young Blackthorn, introducing herself and offering to be his friend.

The tail of the Beta swayed side to side, nearly matching the rhythm of Somnia's. "What do you think about that, Eljay? Somnia used to live here a long time ago, and now she's back," he explained, skimming over the part where Somnia had been held captive by another pack.
Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay stayed back a little. For some reason, the fact that daddy had said that they were going to meet his friend hadn't rung any bells in Eljay's mind that he was supposed to be social. Even as daddy's friend came into view Eljay stayed still, looking at her in silence with his big puppy-ish eyes (even though in size, he was almost as tall as his father now), almost like he was a porcelain doll that was on display and was unable to move or say anything.

Daddy's friend said that he was 'cute', which caused a confused frown on Eljay's face; he wasn't really sure whether he should say or do something. "Hullo," Eljay mumbled awkwardly. Maybe if the situation had been a bit more casual he might've felt more comfortable, but with all the spotlights seemingly on him, he wasn't sure what he should say or do. Introducing himself didn't even come across his mind, and so he just stared at Somnia, looking uncomfortable, as though he was unsure what he was supposed to do or say next.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Concluding this, since Somnia has been removed.

The boy's demeanor remained shy and awkward at first, but Elwood hoped that he would warm up to Somnia quickly. He had the feeling that Eljay would come to like her; she had an outgoing, exuberant personality but knew enough about puppy development to be able to avoid overwhelming him.

"Why don't we all go for a walk together?" Elwood suggested with a swish of his tail. He glanced at both Eljay and Somnia, and when neither wolf protested, he led them away from Somnia's den. He hoped that by the end of the afternoon, Eljay would consider the older female something of a friend.