Lost Creek Hollow The Wind that Ruffled my Fur
Eta
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Joining 
(A follow-up on my first thread)

Ravensky stomped through the forest with unease. She still was going to find that pack. The other day when she though she met a wolf, it wasn't one. Her fur was ruffled as she though she was going to be attacked but no wolf ever even appeared. It was the wind she thought that day as she padded on. Now Ravensky was here, alone, in the forest without a clue where she was going. She sniffed the air picking up the traces of a border marker. She grunted and ran strait into the territory. She did smell wolves not that far away and that was what kept her going. Finally, she reached a hollow full of wolves.
"Take me to your leader please," I said , "I would like to join your pack."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Sorry! I had to fix this post since I didn't realize I was doing powerplay, I'm sorry!

Shikoba had been working along the borders, although no one was with her at the time. She was making sure everything was in tact and the way it should always be, though it was an easy job for her to do. So, she let her mind wander a bit, not thinking to hard about the land around her. Instead, she just daydreamed of her family, often looking towards the trees and such to remember them. With her tranquilness, she pushed on quietly, feeling the warmth of the trees envelop her with ease. With LCH, she had been able to pick up a few more of the english words, not a lot though. Just enough to make her sentences smoother.

The druid stayed quiet as she moved along, but with a sight of running black fur, her golden eyes widened. Taking her position she raised her hackles and tail, tilting her head towards the wolf. It slowed down towards her, Shikoba knew only one thing; it had crossed the border. The border to LCH was clearly pronounced, only a fool would dare step over. The druid wouldn't let it stand, but she would not kill.

Quickly the other spoke, wishing to be taken to the leader and join the pack. Shikoba flattened her ears and drew a few growls from her curled black lips. She trotted towards the other, obviously not happy with the intruder and gave off one sign; out. Seeing how she could not attack yet, Shikoba let her muzzle lift and call for some pack help. Mordecai wasn't around, and Harlyn was with the children, so who could she contact? Well, it didn't matter, anyone could help! She called for the wolves she knew, @Jazz and @Haven. Surely they would have some help?

Parting her jaws, she snapped them in the direction of the intruder, her tail flicking itself side to side. "LEAVE!" She bellowed, her head low to the ground in a defensive posture.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Ooh let me get in on some of this action xD

Haven heard her friend's call, and immediately raised her head. She sounded like she was in trouble, and Haven would surely help. She stood, shaking out her pelt then bolted through the hollow. She reached Shikoba as fast as she could, and paused by her pack mate's side. An intruder? Haven could handle an intruder. She snarled at the black wolf, baring her pearly white teeth menacingly. This is our territory! Leave and don't come back! She growled, giving her friend a reassuring nudge as she took up ranks beside her.
all paths are paved with daggers
42 Posts
Ooc —
She wasn't used to anyone calling for her, but Jazz was sure to drop everything and take off at top speed to where Shikoba summoned from. Her mind raced with the possibilities while her paws covered ground. She couldn't really remember the last time she'd hauled it so fiercely, so the silver Eyre made pretty good time and came skidding onto the scene, readied to help with whatever was going on.

Her eyes locked onto the intruder and she flanked up beside Shikoba opposite Haven, and bristled impressively. She made it just on the tail end of what Haven said and realized this situation had not yet come to blows. Now, it was up the stranger to do what they demanded. Jazz didn't say anything but flashed her teeth to show that she was here on business and was more than ready to follow through with an attack if the next seconds didn't tick in her pack's favor.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
(Ok. I was truly sorry for powerplaying and I will not powerplay to the best of my ability.)

I let out a soft whine. All of this work... for this. I... I thought I could find a home. I let out another muffled whine. I threw out my head and let out a long and low howl saying, "Why was I ever abandoned.  I will never feel safe again." Tears were growing in my eyes. "Fine," I mumbled, "I will leave, as you wish." I looked around at the wolves. I turned around and ran as far away as possible. Once I was out of their territory, I stopped. I looked at the darkening sky, wondering is my parents were one of those bright lights. I let out another howl sadly, and curled up and went to sleep. I closed my eyes, and darkness fell over me.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
The druid was soon accompanied by the wolves she called for, Haven and Jazz. She nudged the two of them with her shoulder before turning her attention back to the black wolf in front of them. The wolf let out a whine, then a saddened howl. But to whom was she calling? 

The druid kept her eyes narrowed, black lips still curled over in a snarl. The black wolf then mumbled, saying it would leave. Quickly it ran off, Shikoba lowered her stance and looked towards her family. "Shikoba will see if black one leave" she spoke, dipping her head in thanks for the others for joining her.

There, she ran off in a sprint, wanting to make sure the intruder was out. Another howl echoed through the hollow, the druid picked up her pace. The last thing she wanted was for the black one to rally its' friends and wage war on the Hollow Wolves.

Panting a bit after her run, she saw the black wolf out of the territory and away from the border. Shikoba lifted her stature, then scented the borders once more. It strongly stated "Lost Creek Hollow Territory, Keep Out". Happy with her scenting, she kept her eyes on the unnamed wolf before slowly backing into the canopy of trees, though staying close enough o keep watch.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
(I will use first person from now on. I didn't know that I was supposed to stick with one person, so this will be my person, or shoud I say first wolf :3)

I woke up in the warm rays of dawn. I wanted  to join that pack. Now I knew that they were serious and protective, which I got excited about. Great dominance means a great pack. Other packs probably don't want to fight them. I grinned. I was going to be respectful this time. Howl and ask them to join. I was not going to go in their territory. Waiting would be my best option. I squinted my eyes. Ideas filled my head as how to gain their respect. Wait out of their territory for five days, howl to ask a wolf to come, be submissive, get a pack, a home, a family. I sighed knowing the plan might not work. I looked at an infected scratch I got from running from the territory and running into thorns. Then I looked at a scar from my neck to tail tip, got in a fight with another wolf. I may be wounded, or even die, yet I still need to try. 
"Five days start now." I grinned, excitement sparkling from my eyes.

(I actually will not post for five days, so I will not be anywhere near Lost Creek Hollow's territory/respond unless I need to respond urgently)
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
It was five days since I was chased out of their territory. Night covered the land like a secret, mysterious and unknown. I looked around and inhaled. This is my chance to get a home. Last time I got thorn scratches, but this time I may be killed if I don't enter right. I thought sadly. I was going to do this right and will be accepted this time. With a quick sigh, I inhaled sharply and let out a long, low, and strong howl asking wolves to meet me here. I hoped this would be submissive enough and waited, my black pelt a smudge in the shadows. My green eyes blazed like fire. This was my only hope, otherwise I could die of injuries or starvation. I ate only three pieces of prey during the five days and hunger pangs bit at my stomach like burrs on a pelt. This could be my last day...
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn had heard tell of the wolf that had come into their territory and had been chased away. She had also known that it was possible that the stranger would be back, and the alpha did not know exactly what to think of that. Clearly this wolf did not understand simple concepts such as boundaries and respect. But there was an impressive amount of determination there, especially if they did appear again.

So it was with mixed feelings that Harlyn approached the borders in answer to the call that echoed through the Hollow. She didn't know for certain that this was the same wolf, but she regarded the stranger with the suspicion that it might be. "Are you the one who disrespected my borders and charged into my territory without permission?" Harlyn asked after assessing the stranger. She matched the description she'd been given so Harlyn felt rather certain her instincts were correct, but she'd give the woman a chance to explain herself.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Another howl had rang through the air once more, though night had fallen already. It was strange for someone to call during the night, however Shikoba quickly deciphered that the howl had belonged to the wolf who charged into the land and wanted to join.

Shikoba was beaten to it though, Harlyn was there already and seemed to have asserted the stranger. Walking over with a low stance, the gamma nudged Harlyn's shoulder to show she was there to defend and help in any way.

Her eyes cast themselves over the black wolf, visibly narrowing. She wasn't pleased to say the least. This wolf ran into the land before being chased out. Now it thinks it can retry its entrance by acting submissive?!

Her stance showed one of being alert, minor aggressive but not enough to show disrespect to the alpha. She stayed silent as she watched.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As I was questioned I rolled into my back, my stomach showing. I let out a small whine before I started to talk. "Yes, that was me. I am truly sorry for trespassing, for I was abandoned and never taught how to respectfully approach boarders," I mumbled only loud enough for the wolves to hear, "I have made my mistake, and will work up to it if you allow me to join your pack." I added respectfully looking at the wolf. I stayed on my backand closed my eyes hoping the wolves would understand. "I never had a family before, let alone a pack which I was kicked out of from being falsely accused of. This is the first pack I've come across in a year. I promise I will work hard." I murmured with a sigh. Now I had to wait for a response...
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Even before the stranger could confess to being who Harlyn thought she was, Shikoba arrived at her side to confirm for her. Harlyn regarded her with a friendly smile before turning her gaze sternly back to the wolf who had now rolled to expose her vulnerable belly. The female was clearly remorseful for her actions and had managed to learn some manners since trespassing in the Hollow. But that didn't necessarily mean Harlyn was ready to welcome her in with open arms.

"If you've never been part of a pack before, what can you even offer us?" Harlyn asked, not unkindly, but curious to know what response she would get. A wolf that didn't even know how to respect borders could easily become a liability. But Harlyn was not much in the place to turn someone away for having one fault. If there was something else this wolf could offer to make herself useful to the pack, then she'd weigh that against her faults.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Shikoba's presence was received with kindness, Harlyn's smile was obvious before returning to the stranger. Her ice cold glare softened a bit, the she wolf was on her back, her belly exposed. A deep sign of submission, Shikoba still stayed silent.

The black one continued her explanation, she was never apart of a pack and hadn't been taught properly. She was abandoned, a sad story.

The alpha questioned the exposed wolf's skills, for what could she offer if she was not taught properly?

Shikoba was interested to hear, her ears perked forward. She cast her eyes back to Harlyn, wondering what she would do.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
I let out a sigh. "Well, I am an experienced fighter and tough from my travels. I can attack a young bear, but those are mostly unexperienced. See, I got my aggressive nature from this," I said pointing at the scar from my eye to tail tip, "I can protect your pack from bears to smaller creatures, but packs of wolves are the thing I fear most." I looked up at the wolf who I thought was the Alpha. "Fighting is what I have known since a pup, but I will never use it against pack mates." I swallowed. Was this enough?
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The woman explained herself and Harlyn listened silently, thoughtfully taking it all in. She professed to be a fighter, even gesturing towards a vicious scar across her body as evidence of how she'd ended up with such a nature. She was torn as to how to feel about the girl's words. On one hand, they could certainly use a wolf that knew how to defend a packmate. But on the other, Harlyn was not too certain about the aggressive nature she held within. What guarantee was there that she would restrain it against her packmates as she promised to do?

Harlyn turned to look at Shikoba then, her head tilting slightly as her expression moved from stern to thoughtful. "Shikoba, what do you know of fighting and self-defense?" she asked almost conversationally, an idea in her head though she wasn't certain she'd go with it yet.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
As the stern look of Harlyn enveloped the dark wolf, Shikoba looked towards the large scar upon her body. Shikoba had a few hidden scars, her fur had grown over a few.

Containing her silence, Shikoba shifted her paws a bit. However, her superior had asked about her knowledge in fighting and defending. Shikobabhad to think for a bit, before giving a firm nod of the head. She knew a good amount. But what was the word..? Lots, extensive?

"Much, taught young" she replied, her golden eyes casting over the black one once more.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
I could tell the Alpha was uncertain. I read it from the look on her face. "I know more about loyalty than some, and don't want others to feel what I felt as a pup. I also know what it feels like to be falsely accused, and to be attacked when not ready. I will not dare do these to any wolves. It is the cruelest form of being abandoned and no one should live through it." I said trying to show the wolves I was trustworthy. "I know you are uncertain about me, as I am to you. I trust your decision and will leave if I have to, but I plead for you to allow me to your pack." I said quietly, almost in a whisper. My fate would be between this conversation...
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Shikoba admitted to knowing a lot about fighting, and Harlyn grinned to show her pleasure at this fact. She turned back to the dark-furred female at their paws, listening as she spoke again - more oaths and promises and stories of her past. Harlyn admittedly had heard enough of that, and in truth, her mind was already set even without the distractions of her imagination.

"You may join us," she said after a moment, "But I am wary of how much your words match up to your actual skills, and so I'd like it if you would spend some time with Shikoba here proving your talents and learning a few things if you happen to not be as impressive as you claim to be." Harlyn turned to her packmate then, quirking a single brow as though questioning whether or not she accepted this task that had been laid upon her.

But whether or not she did, Harlyn did not necessarily know, for the next moment she was dipping her muzzle to them both and turning away to stride off into the woods. It was in her mind to return to her pups then, though she didn't announce it verbally. Her business was done as far as she was concerned.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
As Shikoba stayed silent, Harlyn seemed to have passed her judgement on the darker female. She was to join, but work with Shikoba to prove the skills she says to have. The Druid arched a brow, but stayed emotionless and gave a firm nod of the head. "Shikoba spar against dark one". Sparring was easy, she was eager to see the skill of this one. She looked towards Harlyn and watched her set off, probably towards her pups and den. She needed to be there, to protect her children.

She stayed quiet, though she released a silent sigh as she watched the dark one.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
My jaws instantly opened in joy. Finally! A pack, after all these years! I solemnly swear to be loyal, a friend, and fight for this pack, even if that means I die. I made a pledge in my mind, for this is a pack that accepted me for who I was. I was going to start a life here, as a pack-mate. I looked at the wolf called Shikoba. I bowed my head to her. "I will work for your pack and protect it. This is for you to believe though." I said in a husky voice. "I am pleased to have you as a teacher and wish to learn more from you." I said raising my head and making eye contact. I sat down, placing my tail on my paws. Though I was on the brim of exploding with excitement, I remembered to be as polite as I could, not wanting to make a bad impression to any wolves. My new life was beginning...
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Seeing that Harlyn has left the building, I'm going to just continue. PM me if there is trouble Stevie!

The dark one seemed to have yipped in glee, Shikoba awaited silently. She had gotten up, dipping her head towards the Druid woman. She only nodded firmly in acceptance of her show of respect. The dark one explained her pledge of working for the pack and protecting it, Shikoba said nothing. She was still skeptical of the wolf in front of her, but she would trust her sooner or later. 

The darker wolfess sugar-coated her words of praise and happiness towards Shikoba, she still said nothing but gave another head nod. However, her connection of eyes made the druid snarl. Staring in the eyes meant a challenge for a title, and Shikoba wouldn't give up her rank so easily. However, the wolf did say she was new to pack life, and Shikoba had to let go of her anger.

She was quick to reason with, she cooled down quickly. "Don't look in eyes, means challenge" she first instructed towards the black-pelted she wolf. The last thing she wanted was the thing to get hurt from having poor knowledge of the pack fundamentals and functions. The gamma stood up, stretching out her body.

"Name." She asked/stated, wanting to know what to call her.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
I shrunk back as she snarled. I let out a whine. "Sorry, I didn't mean to challenge you. I'm just new to this... pack stuff. I didn't know..." I said almost in a whisper. Am I not allowed to look anyone in the eyes then? Do I look at the ground, or look somewhere else? I wondered, now knowing some things were not allowed. "Uh... and I'm Ravensky..." I said quietly, shuffling my feet. My joy didn't last long, because I was going to have a taste of pack life. Lets hope I don't ruin my chance this time. I thought indignantly, knowing that I mess things up more than once. "Could... could you please explain the rules here?" I asked Shikoba, still staring at my feet. No more messing up for me.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
The darker one - Ravensky - showed submission my sucking back away from the gamma. Shikoba nodded at the sight, she knew her place. Her actions were quickly apologized for, Ravensky explained how she was new to pack life and how she wanted a throw down of the rules in LCH. Shikoba looked towards her, but not in her eyes. She noticed dark paws shifting in a awkward manner.

"Okay" she said, looking around the Hollow to see if any other pack members wanted to come and join. Didn't seem like it... Her attention drew back to Ravensky. "Greeting higher rank wolves," she started off "Must look towards, not in eyes" she first said, though Ravensky probably understood from the gamma's quick reaction. "Must be in lower stance to submit" she continued. It was respectful to lower one's stance when in the presence of someone who is higher ranked. It showed that they knew their place and weren't challenging.

"In pack, wolf check border and protect" she started off. "Must not let lone run in." It was quite funny really, how Ravensky just jumped into the territory and is getting scolded about it, though she's already been accepted. Shikoba would teach her the land later, but for now the rules of the hollow needed to be explained. 

One main problem lay ahead.
Eta
18 Posts
Ooc — Raven
I nodded and got in a lower stance, like she said, and looked towards her. I also looked towards her, but not in the eye as I began to talk. "Er... I'm sorry for trespassing. I didn't know better. If I get attacked now I deserve it, so mainly, I'm sorry." I said, a little shaky. I could taste tension on the air, and I wondered if that was me. I might not be accepted by some wolves into the pack, since I trespassed. I was more of an illusion than a real wolf, not trustworthy yet. I waited knowing problems were going to come upon me.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Ravensky was quick to understand, her stance was lowered and her eyes were not connecting to Shikoba. The Druid nodded her head, Ravensky was coming along quickly.

When she heard about border and trespassing, she was quick to admit her mistakes and accept her punishment. Shikoba wouldn't attack her, no she would spar. That was for later, they could soar later.

"Good that Ravensky sorry" she said towards her. She knew what she did and was repenting. One of the main problems that reoccurred to Shikoba's attention was that there was the feline still wandering around. She thought it was best to tell her.

"Cougar around Hollow" she said, looking around for the silver feline. "Attacked pack, wolves must defend, not chase" she instructed. It was not their job to chase it, they were in need of defending their home.

Shikoba got up and looked towards the dark pelted wolfess. "Ravensky battles?" She asked, wanting to know her potential and skills she had at the moment.