Moonspear I'm coming home (again)
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Since he isn't listed as a Moonspearian, wasn't sure if he should cross the borders yet. @Amekaze @Charon @Heldi

He was so done with walking. It was all he could do to pick his paws up or keep his eyes open long enough to make sure he was still following Heldi. And he knew she must have been tired, too, since she had told him she'd been looking for him the day after he went missing. He was happy to be home, though. This time, he hadn't wanted leave, he just freaked out when both his hearing and eyesight went. The ringing in his ears had mostly dissipated, and what he could see now gave him hope that his eyesight would be restored in time, as well.

He sighed happily as they reached the borders, stopping in his tracks. Heldi, do you mind if we rest for a few? he asked, sitting back on his haunches. He knew they were here, he could smell the scents on the borders, and only need to find their dens, but he desperately needed a short break first. His eyes looked in her direction, hoping she had stopped with him.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
In winding down from all things, she tried to return to normalcy alongside the greenery and the herds that slowly followed. Her routines seemed to be the easiest place to go. But, progress on that varied by the day and on this one, she dogged the borderlands with a rigorousness that she knew wouldn't last for long -- especially if the humidity stayed heavy. Fatigue would catch her quickly, she feared.

A scent on the breeze drove her forward, and forgetting everything else she'd been doing or stewing on, she practically bolted for the source -- all while pointedly ignoring the stiffness in her aches. "Dash..!" she exhaled upon arrival as she slowed up, panting. Relief mixed with a hesitant happiness was on his name. He looked to be in one piece but she was learning that the lightning was far more insidious with what it could do. "It is good you are back, finally.." she sighed and waved her tail, glancing thankfully at Heldi although she was not the focus for now. She hoped this was good news and that the lightning had not taken from him. "What happened?" she asked, roving her sights over him greedily.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Whenever Amekaze was gone, he was rarely far behind. They had before left each other be often, spending time together and then withdrawing into their own space. But now something was different and ever since their culmination he had felt possessive over her, needing to be present and with her. And so it was not even the thought he might find Dash at the borders that drove him there. His mind was very one track, following Ame and doing only that, driven by instinct, by desire, and by posession and jealousy.

He quickened his pace when he noticed Dash, feeling his hackles raise possessively, but when he noticed it was Dash he felt less threatened. Dash hadn't ever made any moves towards Ame, so he was probably gay anyway, or whatever. Charon nosed Ame's side, feeling his head throb and the scabs from the hoof's slash on his face smart. "You're okay," he assessed, a painful smile-turned-grimace on his face. "Good." He could not force more joy from his words — his head still hurt like hell and he couldn't wait 'til Ame's heat was over so that things would return to a more normal state than this.

Well, at least now he didn't have to murder the Caldera wolves for making him lose one of his own... Yet.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash sighed when his hind end hit the ground, his body giving him no choice as it sagged the rest of the way down and he stretched his legs out in front of him. His gaze traveled around them, mostly into the packlands as he wondered what the others were up to. Heldi hadn't known much about their injuries, if there were any, since she had left quickly after the fiasco to find him. 

It wasn't long before a form came into view. Because it was fuzzy, he had no idea who it was; he couldn't even make out the body language, but he figured as long as he kept submissive, he would be alright. The voice that reached his ears had his tail wagging in greeting. Hey, Ame, he said a bit tiredly. She asked what happened, and he lifted one shoulder in a shrug as his eyes tried to focus on her general direction. Charon showed up next, and it surprised Dash. He hadn't seen him walk up, nor had he seen his hackles raised in defense. I was chasing after those wolves when the lightning struck. I couldn't hear or see anything and I panicked and ran. Heldi found me and brought me back, he explained to them both. My hearing has mostly returned, though my eyesight has improved little. I can make you out, sort of, but you're a big moving blur for the most part. He didn't like having this kind of weakness. It wasn't like he was just bad at something and practice would make perfect. He wasn't even sure a medic would be able to help him. No matter, he didn't think Moonspear had one anyways. How is everyone else? Is Floki okay? he asked, hoping they would know more.
115 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the delay but she'll just be a background character for now.

Heldi nodded, exhausted beyond the point of speaking and simply slumped to the ground near Dash. The moment Amekaze showed up was a muddy blur in her mind, as was the appearance of Charon. She found herself nodding wearily, position already submissive as she continued to lay on the ground.

The bastard of Vledfest was perfectly happy being out of the spotlight, the conversation filtering through in a haze. Her name brought her attention to Dash, giving him a goofily tired grin before resting her head on her paws. Beyond that, Heldi was practically unconscious due to the strong pull of sleep causing her to nod off every few seconds.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Charon tailed her close behind, and seemed to echo the same sentiment she shared regarded Dash's status: Good. She noticed they had to be tired, confirmed further by the silent presence of Heldi, and she frankly wasn't in any mood to loiter either.

What did worry her, however, was the explanation. She knew her expression furrowed as she listened. It didn't settle her any to know the lightning had taken his hearing and sight, and she swallowed thickly with a glance to Charon. She could remember her own hearing being shot to the point of a horrible ringing just after it had happened, but that was really all. Amekaze had not been able to distinguish how much the lighting had done itself and how much just hurt from falling because of the shock of it.

Now that he had mentioned it, she studied his eyes more carefully from here with a quizzical squint. They did not appear outwardly damaged but her look was not an up close one yet, nor one practiced with eye injury anyway. From old experience, she knew that her mother's blind right eye was hazy, and that if there was no seeing into the eye itself, a creature was not seeing out of it. However.. was that the case here? There were a number of ways to approach her next questions. "Has it been improving slowly? Or can you tell?" she asked regarding his eyesight, all attempting to gauge his outlook on it so her thoughts on it could follow soon after. She was namely interested in whether or not he felt it would just take more time to mend, or if this would make for a permanent affliction. Or, if it would just take time to know for sure. He couldn't know with certainty and neither could anyone else.

She briefly thought of Judas and even the thrall, both who claimed to know poisons but not necessarily healing medicine, so it may have been a lost cause. Thistle would have actually been the most ideal wolf for the job, but she had long since faded away from them all. "Floki is okay. His leg is.. worrisome, but he is mending," she confirmed. As much as he could be considering the circumstances. She only hoped he was not in too much pain. "As for everyone else involved.. bruises, cuts, scrapes, headaches here and there. Nothing life threatening," she elaborated.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was good to see both Dash and Heldi home safely. Charon looked at Heldi as she too slumped to the ground and he nosed her neck briefly. "You did well," he said and then distanced himself again, turning to look at Dash as he spoke about what had happened.

It was a strange and terrifying story, really, to know what had happened with Dash and how much his senses had been affected. Charon thought he'd go crazy if he would lose his sense of sight, let alone hearing. At least his hearing was doing better now; that much was good.

"Hopefully it'll get better with rest," Charon shared with a nod. He looked at Ame as he asked, "What medics do we have? Isn't the thrall a medic of some sort, or Harley?" He remembered Harley offering to heal the thrall up, at least, so maybe he could help here. Hopefully Ame could confirm any medics, as Charon wasn't too sure himself.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He looked towards the form that was Heldi, who had obviously been overcome with exhaustion and was resting. She deserved it and Dash didn't bother her. His fuzzy gaze turned to Ame when she asked if his eyes were getting better. A little, yes. When it first happened, and for several days after that, it was all pitch black. I couldn't see anything. Things started to lighten up a bit after that, but the sun hurts them, he explained. He thought it was a good sign that he could see something now, but had no idea if they wouldn't continue to get better, or what he could do to help them heal. Charon commented that they may get better with time, and Dash very much hoped he was right. The Alpha male then began to think aloud of who they had in the pack to help. Dash had a brain fart and completely forgot that both Harley and Omega, as he called her, had some medic knowledge. 

He was glad to hear that althought Floki's leg was injured, no one was in danger of dying from their injuries. When Floki had gone over the edge, Dash was sure he was gone. But, the Beta was obviously stronger than Dash thought.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He detailed his eyes, which to her warranted a mixed response. Better than all black, but what she wondered was if they were going to be able to get better than they were now -- surely, this was not all he would be left with for good? Since they were light sensitive still, that made her wonder.. "They may still be healing," she mentioned with a soft sigh, not a practiced medic's stern certainty; she'd just been around long enough to pick up things like that. "Hopefully it continues to get better.." This was normally where she might have suggested strict rest on the afflicted areas but she wasn't exactly sure how to rest eyes like one would a hurt limb or otherwise. He'd just have to hope luck was on his side.

"Mhm, the thrall says she knows about herbs and poisons, and Judas is about the same. I do think he tends more towards poison as well," she answered towards Charon, even if it was not the most ideal. Again, Thistle was honestly who she wanted to steer this towards but she simply could not. "Harley may have the most to offer. Resource as far as herbs go is bound to be limiting, though.." Even with all the regrowth, stockpiles had taken a hit when nothing fresh could be added to them for weeks on end. They were playing major catch up and even now, some plants were not near full bloom or their peak usefulness.

She did have to wonder where the hybrid was to have his opinion on this situation, but more pressing matters first. "You two should get some rest," she said as she swept her gaze over the both of them, thankful and very relieved but still vaguely worried for Dash's sake.
i figured it was ok to post around heldi since it made sense but if not, just lemme know! c:
115 Posts
Ooc —
that's okay, sorry for taking so long! I assumed it would be my turn next and then Charon but if I'm wrong just let me know and I'll delete this

Heldi listened vaguely, not really making sense of what was being said. The bastard had been on the move much of the days that she had been searching, skipping sleep most nights so that she could follow Dash's trail. Her head was practically touching the ground as it sagged, though she snapped to attention when Charon touched her. She sent him the same goofy, exhausted grin she had given Dash earlier in thanks before returning to her zombie-like state.

Hearing Amekaze address them both, saying that they should rest, Heldi staggered to her feet almost drunkenly. "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea." Heldi commented, nodding. "Get better, mmkay?" She told Dash before dragging herself off to her usual sleeping spot to sleep away the travels and her wounded shoulder.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded as Amekaze filled the gaps in his knowledge in regards to their healers. Truthfully, healing with herbs wasn't really his thing anyway; he'd always healed fine without herbs, even if it had left behind scars. It seemed like a frivolity that they could do without. However to have someone assess whether or not the damage done to Dash was permanent in any way would be good.

Mostly rest was needed. Dash's story face Charon the faith that he would be okay; if it had been worse before and got better so far, surely it'd get better along the way. "Good idea. Rest well," Charon said to Heldi. He then moved to Dash's side to support his friend to wherever was a good resting spot.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Ame seemed to think that since there were already signs of healing, they might continue. Dash nodded, surely hoping they would return to normal, or at least give him enough sight to hunt with. Otherwise, what good was he to the pack? Dash had never been a dull weight to the pack, and he wouldn't start now.

Charon and Amekaze talked about their medics. Surely one might know something? Or maybe they could help collectively, bringing their experiences together to help him. Dash would do just about anything if it meant getting his sight back.

The female Alpha turned her attention back to he and Heldi, commenting that they should get some rest. He smiled in Heldi's direction. You, too, he responded, knowing she was hurting, too. Turning back to the fuzzy forms that were his leaders, he hated to ask. Could one of you show me to my den? he asked softly. Once there, he would fine on his own.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She was trying to steer her outlook on this towards the positive on this, despite it not coming easily. For now, it was best it be handled one step at a time. Rest first, then consult with a few around the pack who may know more. That seemed like the wisest approach to her, and for Dash's sake, she hoped this was the right choice. They just didn't have a choice otherwise. It was up to nature, it seemed.

Heldi took her leave and Charon moved alongside him for support. Amekaze tried to not look too grim as she considered all of this. At least his request distracted her, and she nodded right away. "This way," she chuffed, turning to move deeper into the territory, making sure to stay mindful of how easily he could follow her.