Shimmering Sands Starry Eyes
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
A blanket of soften, warm fadinging light blanketed the coast. The large, omnipresent and energizing sun was quickly retiring behind the stone cliffs which flanked the bay. The sky shone hues of yellow, orange and pinks. The sun, having spent the entire day warming the rocks, sand and shells of the day, had tired. Soon, all that would be left to remember the day would be the residual, ever-comforting warmth of the ground. But even the warmth would soon vanish as the autumn, northern winds carried in cooler night temperatures. The wind and the waves, both slowly lapping at the shore in the growing night, washed away any trace of daylight. 

It was Olive’s favorite time of day. The femme made it a priority and a promise to herself that she would take the time to escape the walls of her mind and watch the colors of the sunset. It was a time of worship and a time of affirmations. To Olive, sunset was sacred. In this time of reflection that she was truly able to honor and welcome the moon.

Yes, the sun was the foundation of life but the moon was everything divine and beautiful.

In truth, Olive had been forced to miss the past few night’s sunsets. Though not a habit Olive wanted to enter, she knew Olive had a good reason. Since leaving her home pack many months ago, Olive’s life consisted mostly of indeterminate wanderings punctuated by short times of nesting. The past few days Olive had been well traveled, traversing the coast and the looming Sequoia forests. The Sentinels reached up towards the sky, higher than Olive’s soul could climb, subsequently blocking out the sun and sky. The ground there was was shaded. Appreciating the warm sands of the bay, Olive dug her pads a little deeper into the soft ground.

Today, Olive had awoken with a mission; a mission to find an area with expansive, open skies and plenty of room to breathe. Tonight, Olive wanted to inhale and feel the tickle of the ocean in her throat. Tonight, most of all, Olive wanted to watch the full moon rise.

Olive always knew when a full moon was imminent. Olive received a rush of energy during this time and her leaping heart generally signaled the arrival of the full moon. A few days prior to the full moon, Olive usually awoke with a song in her head and light feet. The moon’s feminine energies always had that effect on her. In her old pack, full moons were always a time of celebration and tradition. Olive sang with her mother, moved and danced alongside her siblings and listened to weathered stories from her father. The woes of the day mattered none during this one night. Olive held those memories close - she had always planned to keep the tradition, even if it was a solo performance for now. 

Close enough to the bays to the high tide to feel the waters lapping at her feet, Olive watched as the warm colors of the sunset faded into a dusky black. The northern winds had pushed away any clouds that crowded the sky and the stars shone brightly against the dark canvas. The moon stood strong in the forefront, bathing Olive in the twilight. Olive took a deep breath, feeling the cool air rush past the back of her throat. The energy of the moon, the push and pull of the ocean, the strength of the sequoias and the warmth of the ground beneath her and the rush of the cool winds invigorated Olive and encouraged her to let out a primal, yet gentle and feminine yip.

Olive couldn’t help it - she was full to bursting!

Leaping up, Olive kicked her feet and yipped again. As soon as her ivory paws alighted with the ground she sprung into the air another time, wiggling her airborne body. It was an expression of pure light! Tail and ears perked with the effort, Olive graceful landed upon the earth and dropped to her belly, rolling to right and flinging a curtain of sand into the air. Olive jumped to her feet and gave her pelt a shake. The edges of her mouth pulled up into a faint smile as she danced and danced and danced. Olive may be alone, but her connection with the earth would never leave her lonely.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
to tag, you just @ the character :)
Eden heard the commontion and was quick to trot over to its source, where she uncovered another she-wolf. She was prancing around, yipping her contentment, which gave Eden a short lived grin. She approached slowly, as to not frighten or intimaidate the other - something she was known for - and watched her show of joy. Eden thought back to her own days of worry-free evenings, the feelings that came with stability. But now those times seemed long gone. She had a duty to protect her family, including the members who had yet to arrive.
Excuse me, she whispered, then a bit louder repeated herself. Excuse me, miss, you're being quite loud. She laughed kindly, for she recognized how much of a mom she was beginning to sound like. She came a bit closer and examined the she-wolf, before introducing herself. I'm Eden, a member of the Royal Fire Court. You are?
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Thanks! Another silly question- what's the code for OOC chat? Couldn't feem to find that in the Guidebook!

---

The sweet voice floated to Olive’s ears, but she barely heard the words over the music in her head. “Excuse me, miss, you're being quite loud.” Olive, once again with all four legs touching the ground, turned to look over her shoulder at the source of the hushed words.  Olive’s smile grew upon seeing the wolf - it had been a while since she had seen a fellow wolf, nonetheless another women in high spirits. Turning towards Eden, Olive thought not about being caught in the act of celebrating. Truthfully, Olive was quite unfamiliar with the emotions of sheepishness or embarrassment. Everything she did was from her heart and she was confident in her actions. It was an honor to serve her gods both grand and humble, from the most powerful planet to the most minute breath of wind. 

“Eden,” Olive’s words spilled from her mouth. “How nice it is to meet you, on this most illustrious night!” Olive placed one paw in front of the other, slinking towards Eden. Olive’s head and neck swayed with her movement, urged on by the melodious sound of the waves. 

“My name is Olive,” she cooed. Olive’s wide, deep green eyes blinked and gazed upwards. “I have no affiliation. In fact, i’m quite new to this area. I’ve been… traveling for quite a bit. But this…” Olive’s eyes flicked towards Eden, and Olive gestured to the beach with her maw. “This all in quite invigorating. You and your pack are lucky if you live close by.”

Biting her lip, Olive shuffled backwards in the sand. “Come dance, Eden. Tell me you don’t feel it.Olive stated with conviction. She laughed at her words and beckoned Eden with a shake of the head. In the moment, Olive was nothing if not liberated.

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
When you write your response there's an option up in the text editor that says styles and you just click there and select ooc text.
Eden smiled at the youthful spirit of the other wolf, the wolf with the swaying hips and the joyful yips who called herself Olive. Despite Eden's longing to feel that happiness with her, to allow her legs to carry her away into the dance of the night, her dizziness argued otherwise as did the nausea quickly creeping up with it. I would love to, I'm just not feeling too well. Still, she swayed her tail behind her, and let her ears pick up the songs of the night. Why are you dancing, anyway? Was she just a young spirit with energy to spare, or did she have a reason for her enthusiasm.
In Eden's birth pack, they'd had gods, but the gods died with them. She longed for that though, to feel like there was something more in the world. And if Olive brought with her new gods, Eden would love a chance to learn their ways and employ them with her children. Perhaps someday in the future, once Eden was able to form her own pack, she would meet the strange she-wolf again and they could rule together. But this was only a thought.
I'm a wanderer myself. I only settled here a little while ago, and since then I haven't been able to sit still. Now I have to, I suppose, with a family and all. She laughed at the thought and waited for her new friend to reply.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Thanks for the tips! I’m slowly learning :)
Also, I know I PM’d you about this but let me know if I overstepped by having Olive assume Eden’s preggers.

Olive had shifted her weight into her sinewy hindquarters in order to shimmy and frolic and encourage her new partners to move with her, but she soon replace her featherlight paws onto the sand. Eden was not one to partake in the exuberance today, but that’s what was so inspiring about the full month celebration - it was a reoccurring, monthly jubilee. Olive further softened her gaze and beamed a grin towards Eden. “Ah, I see. There are other ways to express joy that are less demanding on the body and just as liberating.”

Olive took a small step back and imperceptibly cocked her head to the side as her eyes drifted over Eden’s form. She was a beautiful wolf, yet reserved in her actions. She was new to the area, yet seemed so established. Olive was fascinated and wanted to learn more about this Eden. 

In her lungs, Olive felt the heavy, dank ocean air and the effervescent scent of faraway lands. Intermingling with these, the she-wolf perceived faint hormones that signaled Eden was either in heat or carrying children. Olive had always been sensitive and perceptive of the mental and physical states of her fellow wolves, a skill that always brought her bliss. Olive always had such an admiration for mothers, as they provided the world with the ultimate gift and brought new life forward. Olive, one day, hoped to be a mother herself. 

Olive did not know with certainty of Eden’s state, but Olive believed Eden (who, as a mother, likely harbored a nurturing and inquisitive soul) would appreciate knowing the truth behind Olive’s seemingly random, energetic tribute.

“Why, tonight is a full moon!” Olive gestured upwards towards the looming figure, glowing a strong yellow and casting light upon the two wolves. “The moon’s been building, waxing, the past weeks and now she’s at her fruition. It’s the time to let her energy wash over you.” Olive audibly sighed, clearly comforted by the cosmic currents. “Sometimes, during a full moon our vague desires become epiphanies and divine inspiration,” she chuffed. She wondered what would come over herself and Eden tonight. 

“I have a wandering heart as well. You are blessed to have a family to ground you. Sometimes I fear that without an anchor, I might just float away!”

There was truth to that statement. Her familial pack used to be the ties that bound her to reality and kept her focused on the present. It was not uncommon for her brothers to search her out while she was in the midst of an internal philosophical pondering. Now, with limitless time to ponder, Olive hoped she had not been so withdrawn that her ideals were off-putting to others.

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
The she-wolf spoke of the moons power, something Eden had long forgotten. She hadn't had time to channel her origins since being in the wilds, and especially not since Alyssum's arrival. She took a moment to breathe and recognize the jubilant spirit she once was. There were times from her childhood that came back to her, like the chases she and her brothers had. It was clear in Eden's mind the sound of paws pounding against the dirt and stone, through the marsh, as they went after rabbits and dust bunnies alike.
Then, there were memories from the night it ended. The barks and howls gnawing at her ears - calls to signal her mother's defeat. Eden cringed at the thought of her uncle's teeth sinking into her flank, her tail, anything he could grab. She turned toward the scars that lined her flesh and almost shed a tear before catching herself. It was motivation over anything now. She was determined to get him back, to avenge the death of her family and reclaim her place at the top. After all, it was the gods who chose her, and she refused to let them down.
She summoned a wide grin and laid a paw across her calm belly as she spoke to Olive. I'd like to float away. Its good to have time like this, time to think and reconnect. I want to teach my children the ways of the gods - maybe my mate as well - but I think I'm too far gone to come back. She chuckled at the thought of her one day praying and celebrating with her children as her mother once had with her. What made Eden laugh even more was the chance that she would even have children to teach! Family really is a blessing, though. A gift directly from the gods.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive watched inquisitively as Eden retreated into her mind. Though fleeting, the white wolf’s face grimaced and she moved her head to glance at the scars that peppered her face and body. In truth, the dark light had prevented Olive from noticing the scars. Upon discovering Eden's marks, the ever-perceptive she-wolf felt her throat constrict and muscles tense. Whatever poor Eden had experienced must have been painful, both physically and emotionally.

The femme remained silent, allowing her friend to experience her emotions as they came to her. Honesty with oneself was invaluable to Olive and she commended any wolf that gave truly themselves the space to feel. As Eden grinned and began to speak, Olive softened her gaze listened intently to her words. Olive was not one to probe into subjects where she was not welcome and Eden made a smooth transition.

Olive giggled at her words. “It’s never too late to find faith, in whatever you choose to believe in. That’s what so amazing about our world, and the unknown that lies beyond - it’s the omnipresent force that drives everything. It’s always here, waiting for you when you’re ready for it.” She flashed a smile at Eden. “But I digress.”

As the twilight continued to fade into darkness, the sand which drew her to this spot lost its warmth. The autumn air picked up, invigorated by the freedom that the night provided - it blew gently and comfortably, caressing the she wolves and interlacing the bright stars above. Olive, who was admittedly not the most athletic of wolves, still felt the internal heat from her exertions beforehand. The cool kiss of the sand was much welcomed as Olive lowered her small body to the ground.

Olive had not seen another wolf in quite some time, and the experience was quite novel.  Olive yearned to delve into the passions of other wolves, weave stories and hear about their deepest desires. It had always fascinated her how every wolf on the planet held a life as colorful and complex as her own. 

“Eden, tell me more about this family of yours - Royal Fire Court, was it?” This question, while honest and clement in its intentions, served an ulterior purpose. As a newcomer to these lands, Olive felt a responsibility to learn the names, borders and members of the neighboring packs. Though her familial pack had always upheld kindness above all else, Olive was aware that not every pack subscribed to these virtues. “I would also love to learn more about the wolf in front of me. What brought you out here tonight, if not to cavort with a stranger?”

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
There isn't much I can say, I just joined, she admitted. Eden didn't know much about her new home at all, in fact. But she did know enough about herself to satisfy that part of the prompt. I don't know. I suppose I just needed a moment to breathe. A lot has happened these last few days. There'd been loss as well as life, both good in small doses. Maybe you could join me, come see more of the court. We're always open to new faces.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive chuckled lightly as Eden invited her to check our her home, this pack called Royal Fire Court. The pack’s name sounded so regal and Olive felt a strange concoction of both respect and inquisitiveness about Eden, who was new to the area (just like she). She thirsted for more, to see deep inside this wolf and learn her true essence. Though Olive’s mind was complex and filled with philosophical thoughts, she always had found joy and balance in what was simple and pure. In pursuit of this, one of Olives favorite past times was simply spending time with her fellow earthlings and drinking in their tales. Afterall, the best stories were always rooted in truth and nearly every comrade she stumbled upon had such vibrant pasts. 

Of course, not every story was simple and pure. Life as a wolf was exceedinly complicated and often distilled into two buckets: life or death. Compared to others, Olive sometimes felt disheartened over the fact that her past was relatively stable and unremarkable. When those thoughts crept up, she was quick to remind herself of her good fortune and prayed it would continue.  

Not yet interested in becoming a pack member, Olive intended shift the conversation from talk of Royal Fire Court. "I deeply appreciate the offer - hopefully, one day, I will experience all that your pack has to offer." Olive had initially inquired about Royal Fire Court, yes, but the femme was greatly enjoying her unfettered and liberated and did not want to encourage any conversations that would end in disappointed (on either end).  

Olive shifted herself where we lay, finding another comfortable position. She wanted to maintain a respectful distance, as she was about to ask Eden to be quite vulnerable.

“In times of adversity, it’s always important to keep yourself a priority and make time to nurture yourself. It was smart of your to retreat to the waterfront - I find it so comforting.” She smiled sweetly at Eden, recognizing that she too was a wolf with a colorful past. “Would it help if you spoke to me about the happenings that you mentioned? A sympathetic and nonjudgmental ear can just as sedative.”

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
I gotta put on my professional font, because things are about to get serious :o
The moment arose for Eden to be truthful; brutally, unapologetically honest. Olive offered her ear and in a time like this, when Eden so badly needed someone to talk to, she couldn't turn it down.
I...my sister, Alyssum. She came to me in a time of need. I hadn't seen her since we were pups, and even then it wasn't much. I was with Easthollow in our old territory at the time coming in as a fresh recruit. I don't know how Ally found me, but when she did she was...bleeding. Steady, our alpha, let me help her. I was so grateful, you know? She lived through it, miraculously, and joined us, so of course she came to Stone Circle with us as well. It was amazing having her there, like a little dose of home. Home, home. Well I, um...I went into heat a few days later and met my now mate, Sylvas. Steady found out about what happened through his Beta and needless to say, he was furious. I don't know why I did it - any of it - but it was like, instinct, you know? He threatened my family, so I had to fight. I didn't even think about Ally. I was so dead set on protecting my pups that I wasn't even sure existed that I stopped caring about Alyssum. 
We were chased out of the territory, and I was sure we would die out there. Then I met Sylvas again and we made our way over here, to this side of the Wilds. We joined Royal Fire Court just for the sake of staying alive. Then, I don't know, Ally went missing one day. She, um...well she had wandered across someone else's borders and there were repercussions. It was so much to take in; I had a family to think about, but all at the price of my sister's life.
By the end, her fur had become laced with tears, and her voice was shaken with grief. The words had fallen out, and with them, the emotions she'd kept plugged in. It felt amazing to be free from the guilt, but it felt disgusting to not feel it when Alyssum had been in her care. It was Eden's fault, and that alone would kill her as well.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Is it right to assume the Eden is laying down, like Olive? If not, I’ll edit as needed!

Wow. Just, wow. The wolf wove her tale of family and deceit, sex and intrigue, death and new life - and finally, new beginnings. It was a lengthy account and Eden was well deserving of the opportunity to unburden her mind. The woman had been through more adversity than Olive experienced in her entire life - and somehow came out the other side a relatively well-adjusted wolf. Eden was a picture of true resilience.

Olive listened intently, imbibing every word and committing it to memory. “Eden, I melt into myself at the thought of losing loved ones and loved packs. Your strength has left me without words.”  Graceful tears wet her friend’s face. Olive felt compassionate tears prick at her eyes and tried to determine if Eden would be open to a friendly gesture, a kind touch. Heralding her empathy with a soft whine, Olive inched closer to the Eden and draped a paw over her shoulder. 

“Would you like me to read what the stars hold for you? It is a full moon, which can provide deep clarity to those who can see it.” Olive was a novice at stargazing and did not have extensive experience reading the heavens, but her mother had spent much of her life laying out the basics for her children. Despite her skill level, Olive felt compelled to offer the wolf what could be a small happiness.

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Absolutely! You're fine. Also, sorry for the short post.
The air was filled with emotion and the sympathy it evoked. An offer was made from Olive; a reading. I would love that. To have some insight, some light from beyond, to guide her in her movements through the world was something she needed then more than ever.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was not cavalier with this responsibilities of the sight. To fathom the ever-flowing prana of the heavens, the universal forces that affected all life... It was no small feat. Within it lay the truth of existence and maintained thousands of years of experience of shifting, changing, adapting. The mystery, the reliability and the inclusiveness of it all was intoxicating to her. It made her feel so small and insignificant, yet so honored that the vast expansiveness would consider working along with the nature of the wolf to help them lives the best lives possible.

Olive grinned at Eden. She likes this woman; the white wolf from the shadowed the forest. Beings so very authentic, even in their mistakes, were held in her high regard. Even more, Olive liked that Eden was open to her eccentricities. Olive looked deeply at the she wolf, fixing onto her eyes (though one eye was in close proximity to a facial laceration and had subsequently clouded over). The eyes exuded bright colors and Olive easily found her way in. Then Olive forgot herself and opened towards Eden, attempting to feel and understand the true essence of her being.

Olive swept her head up to look at the stars. They were bright and clear in the cloudless night sky. The moon continued to hang proudly against the darkened backdrop, framed by a smattering of the twinkling diamonds. Mouth agape, Olive beamed. When she put a true effort forward, the power of creation channeled ideas and painted pictures in her head - but the ideas were always vague and the pictures always fuzzy and out of focus. As a child, Olive had heard numerous bedtime stories of infamous wolves who were seers and humble witnesses to cosmic scenes that played inside their heads. That power was advanced work; the stuff of tales spun by many estranged wolves that she met at various rendezvous sites. Olive had always been fascinated by the mysterious ability and she very much desired to possess it.

For her, the other challenging part was interpretion. Until she learned more, Olive would have to suffice with making educated guesses.

Olive let a light sigh emit from her maw as she turned back to look at Eden. “The time is right for you to face your own truth.  It requires total honesty - that moment when courages gives up it’s resistance and allows you to transparent with yourself. It’s always harder than you think it will be. The empathetic new moon will give you a chance to heal your relationships with both wolves on earth and wolves in the spirit world.”

“I feel you, and I’ve heard your honesty. From that, I know that you’re well on your way to good times, my friend.” She chuffed, happy for Eden. Olive would have been completely truthful as to Eden’s readings, but she was happy not to deliver a bad omen. A positive reading was always the complement to the full moon’s simple festivities. 

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Another short post, but I'm gonna archive.
With a smile creeping across her face and good thoughts in mind, Eden stood, though not before giving her thanks, I appreciate it, Olive. I really, really do. I should get back home soon though. With a respectful dip of her head and a short whine, Eden turned and made her way back to her home, satisfied wth her new friend's kindness.
english · french
· republic of auros ·