Moonspear everything the light touches
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her ears pinned back as the feline shook free of them both, then began to back away. She couldn't know the extent of the damage to it or to her mate, but seeing everything so bloodied kept her heart-rate racing as she postured aggressively the second she had her footing about her again. Almost, she was ready to rush it again to chase it off at the sight of such rancid hatred glared back at them, but when Charon did not make an immediate move, she wavered in momentary concern over his condition.

Given the request posed, she shot a quick glance towards Dash -- or what once was. Angry regret for not stopping it from happening in the first place burned her cheeks and loosed a low, rumbling snarl of her own, although there was nothing to be done now with his body going cold. He'd given his life already. However, Charon's words rang bitterly, no matter how far from ideal, and she'd pose no objections to what he said. Perhaps most of all, she didn't want to see him join Dash dead on the ground.

But there remained the ugly mistrust in her eyes as she stared the cougar down, doubting them to have an honorable bone in their bodies as she stayed poised to spring on it again if she saw the chance. If she couldn't have it dead at her paws, she willed it to fester and die far from her claim.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
9 Posts
Ooc —
Feel free to break in and interrupt any of this, if you want. I can go back and edit/cut off the post wherever Ame/Charon would make a move. Otherwise, last post from Rinn.
Torn and bloodied, Rinn eyed the two, gauging the atmosphere of their fleeting ceasefire with several options weighing heavily in her mind.

She could flee now, live another day and quite possibly die the next. Her wounds were extensive and far from superficial. It would take time and rest and meat to heal her.

She could take the body. She could risk moving toward them, bending and leaving herself vulnerable, encumbering herself with a heavy wolf body. She could die today.

She could live through it...

She might still die tomorrow.

With a low, warning growl still ticking in her throat, Rinn crept past the two wolves, giving them a wide berth as she stalked toward her kill. Her eyes remained on the threat as she went, her body tensed and ready (as ready as it could be) to flee under and signs of attack. If they lunged toward her, she would not fight any longer. She would run.

But when she drew near to the body, lowered her head to take it up, as she had feared to, Rinn faltered. The ruined face of the wolf sent an unpleasant shock of guilt down her spine. I've never killed a predator before, she thought, and then, He was only trying to protect the girl.

The moment seemed endless, to Rinn, as she stared down into his unseeing eyes. In reality, it was merely a beat of her panicked heart. Then long, wickedly-curved teeth closed around the loose skin of the wolf's neck, and Rinn dragged him swiftly away from the packlands, fading into the woods.