Sunbeam Lair This will never end, 'cause I want more
40 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Joining 
The wind and rain drew her up the mountains. Scaling the rocky and heavily forested slope was no easy feat, and by the time the dark she-wolf reached the borders, she was panting heaily in spite of the early Spring chill. 

At last she reached the border that marked the beginning of the territory. The unknown force that had drawn her here seemed to ease once she had reached her destination. This pack, she knew nothing about. She continued on the suspicion that it would mark the end of her journey, the end of many weeks of travel that had all but run the young she-wolf ragged. Still, Anouke felt like her stomach was in knots, her deep anxieties relentless even as she pointed her snout towards the iron-gray sky and emitted a hopeful song. 

Periwinkle eyes darted nervously. As the beckoning song faded into the whispers of rain, she made herself as small as possible, sitting back on her haunches, her shoulders slumped and her ears lowered.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
The scarred female heard the other's song, for it was loud and clear. Shikoba was doing nothing more than marking the borders as per usual, but from the new call, she left her duties to trot over and find the howler. Her small body easily carried her quickly towards the unknown, her nose catching small whiffs of her scent. Snow no longer fell on Shikoba's coat but instead, small droplets of rain. The snow had left the Wilds entirely leaving an empty land waiting to flourish with flowers and grass.

she drew closer until she caught sight of the black wolfess. Shikoba raised her hackles and tail, approaching with her quick and dominant paced trot. She stopped at the edge and observed the wolf, a black female with a white saddle. She didn't meet eyes with her but rather stood tall as her tail stood in the air like a flag.

"Why wolf here?" She asked her chopily in her smooth voice, looking at her quizzically with her honey eyes. She had the idea that the woman was looking for a home, but Shikoba didn't dare guess. All she did was stand protectively at the edge of the border, her eyes looking over the other woman quickly.
[Image: giphy.gif]
40 Posts
Ooc — Killi
It was not long before her call was acknowledged. From the depths of the forest came an agouti female with eyes of warm honey. Anouke hastened to correct her posture, folding in upon herself even further as she stood, her tail tucking up against her belly and her ears pinning completely against her small skull. 

The other had a curious way of speaking, but that was hardly important. Anouke dipped her head in a small bow of greeting. I-I have come seeking a home in these mountains. With you, and your pack, she said, her voice soft yet warm. My name is Anouke Rei.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Freed from the chilling grip of winter, the Chieftess had wasted no time before beginning her investigation of the lair. With Kaori at her heels, the woman moved from one space to the next, checking the progress of the plant life; nothing had started to sprout just yet, but she knew that the day during which it did would soon be upon them. The thought kept her on her toes, eagerly observing the areas that she had, in the past, found specific sorts of flora. Towards a patch of land that had once harboured plenty of marigolds she’d been heading, stopped only by the song of a stranger. Pausing mid-step, she raised her head whilst her ears cupped forward, gaze drifting off to stare in the direction of the entrance. At her daughter, she stole a glance, then nodded after the girl’s attention was on her. There was a silent exchange between the two of them as Asterr dismissed herself, heading for the entrance and leaving the young Draconid to continue the internal patrol.

By the time the lair had been exited and the stranger tracked down, another member of the tribe had already arrived—Shikoba, whose services at the borders often stood out to the vessel. Knowing that there was almost always someone there to greet the tribe’s guest made her glad, which her demeanour likely hinted at as she approached the duo. A smile was directed towards the Gokenin, who she nodded at in greeting. Thereafter, her attention went straight for the other wolf, whose posture was observed briefly. “You may rise,” said the dragoness, having always felt far more comfortable whilst speaking to others at an even level; the better she could see their eyes, the more confident she felt during interviews. “My name is Asterr, and this is Shikoba,” she began, tossing her head in the other female’s direction as the name rolled off her tongue. “What interests do you have?” Asterr intentionally refrained from dismissing the warrior, wanting for her to hang around just in case—whether it be to test the outsider’s skills or something else, it mattered little, she merely wanted a backup plan. She would never ask for the shedding of blood, of course, but to have a trustworthy guardian around couldn’t hurt.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
shikoba's ears cupped forward as she listened intentively to the girl, anouke. so, she was in search to live within the mountains with the tribe? the gokenin nodded her head, acknowledging she was listening. it was nice to see another new face besides the male that joined just a few days ago, chaska was it? "Anouke Rei,"  shikoba tried on her tongue, nodding her head and making sure to remember that name. before she could say another word, the scent and presence of the chieftess made the gokenin back off. the dip of her head was returned kindly, turning her honey eyes back to anouke.

she stood by her chieftess quietly, her tail and posture lowered to respect asterr but higher than anouke. as she spoke, shikoba's eyes glossed over anouke every once in awhile, trying to find any signs of scars or wounds. she was no medic, but she was a trained warrior (still in the making). should the female give her skills to the pack, shikoba would be the first one to try her fighting skills if being a mercenary was a specialty.
40 Posts
Ooc — Killi
From the entrance of the shadowy lair emerged a female with fur as dark as her own. She carried herself with grace and elegance, first acknowleging the agouti woman with a nod. She then turned towards the newcomer, who nearly shivered under her gaze. Her words, although, were kindly spoken, instructing Anouke to lift herself up from her groveling posture. Hurrying to obey, the skinny she-wolf straightened her back so that she stood at her usual height. Her tail, however, remained tightly pinned against her belly. In her shyness and eagerness to please, she could not bring herself to stand with confidence, but this came of fear rather than defiance.

The initial greeter, Shikoba, stood quietly, while the elegant Chieftess questioned Anouke's abilities. Knowing it was her turn to speak, a softness came over Anouke's dainty features, and words spoken with equal softness. I enjoy  little ones, she said. If there are any here, I would gladly look after them, if needed. She was a gentle, quiet soul, and children had always seemed comfortable with her. It was how things had been in her pack of origin; she had watched over her younger siblings, the pups of the leading pair. 

There was another skill she wished to note, which she did, though she spoke with less self-assuredness than before. I-I also have some knowledge of plants, and nature. Violence and battle were not things she could ever become involved in. She abhorred such things, silently hoping that this skill set would not be sought from her should Asterr accept her into the pack.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
the skills she spoke of did not interest the native very much, but she appreciated them nonetheless. taking care of the little ones, along with knowledge of plants were noble things to know. shikoba sure as heck had no idea how to discipline kids except through work. she probably would have a hard time differentiating plants between which one was and wasn't poisonous. to have a wolf within the ranks who would have these skills would benefit the tribe.

shikoba just stood there quietly while nodding her head. she decided to let asterr do most of the talking since she was more fluent in english than shikoba would ever be.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Although her head was lifted, the woman’s overall demeanour remained relaxed. She did not fear the visitor, nor did she feel any concern for the safety of any of them. She’d fallen silent after questioning the newcomer, giving her the floor to speak—and once she had, Asterr nodded. Whilst her children no longer needed to be looked after as closely as before, she said nothing, merely accepting the female’s words. Though the skill might not be groomed within the tribe’s ranks at this time, it was still a useful one to have around, just in case. The latter of her skills, however, prompted a greater reaction. The vessel’s gaze lightened with a spark of interest, whilst a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

“To know of nature and the plants that grow within it is a wonderful thing,” she commented. “A skill with beauty at its center.” Beauty and balance, walking hand-in-hand to create nature and all that thrived within its realm. Always had she fancied plants, and so meeting another with the same inclination towards flora always seemed to pique her interest. “I believe this tribe could benefit from someone like you,” she then continued. “But, I must ask, will you be able to offer to us your loyalty in exchange for a home?” Always would she ask the same question to each guest, whether it be out of habit or tradition.
40 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Shikoba continued to stand as a quiet witness to the exchange between Asterr and herself. Periwinkle gazed shifted towards her every so often, but when the dark Chieftess spoke again, her eyes remained respectfully in place upon her lovely face. She made no comment about her affinity with pups, but seemed pleased with her naturalist abilities. A small, shy smile made its way across the wraith's lips, as she thought that perhaps she had impressed the leader with at least one skill set.

But next, loyalty was requested of her. Anouke rolled her ears back further, as a soft whine was emitted. The smile remained, and her tail gave a single swift wag. Of course, my lady, she promised, her voice a gentle coo. I pledge my loyalty to this tribe, and to serve it in whatever manner is asked of me. Her eyes darted towards Shikoba and back again.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
ooc: just realized i skipped you ku, sorry about that!

the pledge of loyalty seemed to finish and shikoba could only nod her head. the decision seemed final on her part, she liked this one. knowledge of different things was always welcomed to the tribe, not to mention loyalty to the tribe itself along with its' chief and chieftess. the gokenin looked towards asterr with pleased eyes before stepping back a bit and almost providing an opening to the cave. she waited for asterr to say the words completely before giving full entrance. perhaps, her movement showcased shikoba's approval of anouke.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All good! I actually hadn’t even noticed until you mentioned it, haha. Used to the order for Chaska’s joining thread. ^^" Final post from me!

A pledge of loyalty was given, and words were spoken that brought a smile to the Chieftess’ face. No matter how many wolves pledged their loyalty to her, the words themselves always managed to make a warm, fuzzy feeling extend throughout the entire length of her body. And, no matter how many of those individuals had later broken their vows, she trusted and accepted it when a new voice spoke the same sentences. Asterr could not blame the happenings of the past on those that she met in the present, for to treat someone terribly simply because she had once been wronged wasn’t her. It made no sense, no matter how often she thought about it. Each soul, no matter what the vessel had gone through, deserved a chance to prove themselves. And so, it was without hesitation that the dragoness approached and, with her trademark gentleness, touched her muzzle to the female's shoulder. There it lingered for several seconds prior to her pulling away and stepping back, her smile still intact.

“Then I welcome you to your new home,” she stated, using her head to motion in the direction of the cavern’s entrance. “Please, rest and regain the energy lost during your journey here. You are safe with us.” With that, the woman turned and began leading the way back towards the lair, her pace slow so that she might be better kept up with. She would show to the girl the entrance, then leave her to decide for herself if she was ready to enter or not. There, at the opening in the mountain, Asterr would leave the other two females as she slipped inside, wishing Anouke well, along with luck in finding a comfortable place to rest her body.
40 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Anouke looked wide-eyed at the Chieftess when she was officially welcomed into the fold if Ryujin, but the woman's words did not stop there. Rather, she went on to courteously invite her to spend time regaining her strength, for which the dark pixie was eternally grateful, being quite weary from her journey. Asterr displayed a kindness unexpected of a leader; Anouke was used to the stern, chilly demeanor of her mother and father, the Alphas of her former pack. She could scarecly believe what she had heard, but she took it all with a bright smile.

I am... so grateful. Th-thank you! With that, she fell into step behind her pitch-furred leader, and as they proceeded towards the wall of the mountain, she gazed all around her. There was beauty here, such beauty. Eventually, Asterr brought herself and Shikoba to the entrance of a cavern, one that appeared to be quite out-of-the-ordinary with its soft glow emanating from within. Wishing her luck and good will, Asterr disappeared into the cave's depths, leaving the new Commoner behind. Anouke whined softly, her fear of the unknown, and of the dark, holding her back. For now.