Moonspear i lie perfectly still
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Almost immediately, Farrah regretted her decision to approach. Her aura was nearly transparent and her movements, as always, were feathers and ghostlike — she could make a quick escape, if she made the decision to exit the scene now, and the unknown individual inside the den would never be the wiser. She would go on not knowing him, and he would go on not knowing she, and Farrah could continue her wistful ennui until her next almost-encounter with a Moonspearian. It was the best option, for she had been alone in her solitude for much too long and had surely forgotten how to socialize. Farrah would make a fool out of herself, again.

Must be why she didn’t have any friends anymore. 

In truth, the small woman had begun to entertain thoughts that she, herself, was a bad omen to others. Name one wolf’s life that had been made better because she was in it — name just one! — and Farrah would show you a wolf she had yet to bring despair and woe upon. It would happen, just wait. It always happened.

But Farrah didn’t move to leave, and instead she sat outside the mouth of the den; not the spirit who could apparate at a moments notice, but a very real, distinct reality.  The woman gathered herself, rolling her shoulders back and down to appear presentable and demure and charming, whatever that meant now,  releasing a small huff that tingled lightly on her lips. Then she heard the voice, not from inside the den, but outside of it.

Her head snapped to attention atop the finery of her neck, spirit nearly falling out of her body. Her physicality was solid [if not somewhat rigid in her surprise], but her energy was all over the place!  Embarrassed by her brazen approach of his home, of which he surely witnessed, Farrah pinched the bottom of her pale lip between her teeth and exhaled breath in manner that resembled a nervous titter. One, two, three more breaths — and then the lamb angled her locus so that the dappled man was easily in view.

“Hi,” she returned his greeting meekly. “I’m sorry to bother you…”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i lie perfectly still - by Olive - September 19, 2017, 10:41 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 03, 2017, 11:57 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 10:37 AM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 08, 2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 01:55 PM
RE: i lie perfectly still - by Olive - October 08, 2017, 03:02 PM