The Sunspire i heard that you were in town
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Besides the cerberus, there was only one thing that Moonspear had that Sunspire did not: Olive’s garden. Inwardly, Olive was semi-surprised to realize just how long ago that had been! Her garden had been a work of art, finely crafted and used as Olive’s passion project during her and Dakarai’s initial dissolution. All she love she felt for the man, she poured into that small plot of earth and she grew bright flowers and beautiful vines with curling leaves — it had been a short-lived venture, as not soon after, her all-consuming depression became the blight of her son, then her daughter, and finally her carefully tended garden. Then, she had become a wanderer and such a lifestyle did not afford those luxuries she once enjoyed.

But things were getting better, were they not? This mountain would be here home — their home, and damn that felt good to say. She had a home once more, and wolves with whom she could tend relationships. Olive always vacillated between desiring community and desiring solitude, and at that moment her pendulum swung greatly to the side of community and warmth. She wanted it more than she wanted anything, but she had not realized the fact until very recently.

— as always, whenever Olive mused upon her good fortune, there was always a dull reminder in the back of her mind that it could end at any moment… and who could she blame but herself, if her home was spirited away from her? It was entirely within Rannoch and Liffey’s right to turn her out; and she half-expected them to do it, too, as Olive now knew the world to not be so kind to expectant mothers. Upon hearing Rannoch explain to Forrest his wish for a litter, Olive now understood that she was the competition here. It was a reality she must prepare for.

Very few wolves knew of her condition — in fact, did anyone that mattered? Somehow Dakarai had known, but they had been so intimate, for so long, and the man had always the knack for reading her unspoken states like a book. But he was neither here nor there, and within the next week or so her figure would begin to fill out and then she would truly be at risk. Troubled by this, Olive moved across the valley that lay at the great mountain’s summit and attempted to find a place for her garden to be cultivated — and came across the woman Forrest, with whom she felt closer than she had any real right to be. 

Drifting alongside the woman with a featherlight gait, Olive made greetings by strumming the length of her maw against Forrest’s own. It was such a comfort to have her here.        
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 03, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 03, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 08:13 AM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 04:31 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 05:38 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 05, 2018, 07:52 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 06, 2018, 07:26 PM