Qeya River Drop a heart, break a name.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
@Aleks forward dated to 6/27

She was almost there. The excitement danced in her stomach and gave her the energy to keep moving even though she was exhausted. When the smell of the river entered her nose, she was overcome with almost unbearable thirst. When was the last time she stopped to drink? She honestly couldn't remember. She had been so focused on reaching her destination, that she had been constantly on the move for the last twenty-four hours at least. Dammit, she needed to be more careful. Sometimes, she could become so enthralled in a mission that she forgot to do simple tasks...like stopping to fucking drink. 

Taki pretty much sprinted to the water's edge, and gulped down mouth-fulls of water, not even caring that it was ice cold. The cold actually felt soothing to the dry throat she didn't even know she had until the water touched it. When she had had taken in as much liquid as her stomach could handle, she sat back on her haunches and sighed in relief. Right then, she promised herself that on her way back, she would be more diligent about taking care of her basic needs. Mostly because it would be fucking embarrassing if she died of something like dehydration because she forgot to stop and drink. She rolled her eyes and shook her head at the her own stupidity.
Inuttuk
Common

the fever becomes my home.
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
lost my first typed reply so excuse this crammed together one :^)

He headed northwest after parting from the pale female. The lands seemed promising even if he felt a bit indifferent. A wolf who once had it all was now left with little. No lands, no familiar faces, no purpose. He felt like a useless leaf drifting in the breeze. It was...frustrating to say the least.

Aleks needed a distraction from his thoughts.

He strolled along the side of the river, peering at the icy depths with a dead gaze. It reminded him of The Frozen Territories. Suddenly he was overcome with memories of his life prior to this. Heartache was what he felt and someone so unused to an emotion like this (aka Aleks) desperately sought out a distraction.

Up ahead was a pale form. It did not quell the heartache but he knew that it could not be her and he doubted it to be Eilidh. So who was this stranger and could they provide him a tolerable distraction?

Instead of engaging with the pale stranger, he stood down stream looking like a shadowy ghost.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki scented the stranger before she saw him. She quickly got to her feet, looking around to match the scent with a form. She didn't have to look long; the male's dark fur stood out against the icy river. He seemed to have already spotted her but oddly just stood downstream, staring at her. 

Against her better judgement, Taki decided to move towards him until they were close enough that they could talk, but still a safe distance away, just in case. She offered him a quick nod in greeting before saying, "Hey," her thick accent still apparent with the one-word greeting. She didn't say anything else, just remained watchful as she waited.
Inuttuk
Common

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
He dipped his muzzle in return to her nod. It seemed he wouldn't have to break the silence first. Her words were accented with a familiar and unfamiliar accent. Perhaps he had heard it in passing before but he could not recognize where it had come from.

Hello. His rough tones finally broke the brief silence that had settled. Sorry if I disrupted something. It felt like his meeting with Eilidh all over again. He wasn't sure if that was a pro or con, she had been rather thoughtful after all. Even left him with the offer of her being a medic for him if he needed it. Pale creatures seemed to have a way of softening him due to the biased thoughts of his former lover.

Whether that was a good or bad thing had yet to be proven.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki studied the quiet male searching for any indications that his intentions were unfriendly but so far, he seemed okay. At his greeting, She took a few more steps forward and sat down. "You didn't. I was just resting before I continue my journey north," she answered as she lifted her head to indicate the direction she would be heading once she felt up to it again. 

"What about you? What brings you here?" she let her guard drop a little; he seemed nice enough and she didn't mind the company; It would help lessen her longing to be back with her family. Maybe he would even hang out here for a bit.
Inuttuk
Common

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
North.

What a blissful direction. His eyes wandered to look that way briefly. It looked nice that way, perhaps he would go there also. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to wander off to.

Wandering, I suppose. He admitted with a half-hearted shrug of his shoulders. It would be obvious to see his was not content with his own answer but it was true nonetheless. Aleks had nothing fancy to say or offer. Hopefully that wouldn't disappoint his new found company.

The swarthy male mimicked her position and took a seat for himself. What pulls you north?
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki tilted her head at him. "There is no reason for your travels?" she asked furrowing her brows in curiosity. She didn't know what it was to wander. Taki had traveled many places, yes, but always with a purpose. Her need for control and order meant that she always needed a task. She didn't handle idleness well.

She considered his question for a minute before answering. She didn't see any harm in telling him the truth. "My brother is missing, and I have been searching for him." Her expression darkened a little at the reminder of her missing family member. "I heard of a place just north of here while traveling, and I came to check it out before heading home." She still held on to a sliver of hope that she would not return home empty-handed, but that hope dwindled with every day she was unable to find Tomkin.
Inuttuk
Common

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
No reason. He admitted with a gentle sigh. Aleks thought he had made that clear but it appeared not.

His usual scowl seemed to grow a bit sad at the reason for her travels. Was it the season for reuniting? The last female had been looking for family and now this one was looking for a missing brother. He had to wonder if this place had a certain theme going on. It left him wondering if he really wanted to be here. Wish you luck in finding him. He murmured in deep tones with a small dip of his muzzle.

The male's interest grew slightly as the topic of the north came back around. If she going there and then back home, perhaps he could have a slice of this north once she was gone. Yet it felt rather wrong to ask. He hesitantly chewed on his cheek, eyes glancing down, while considering what to say.

Do...do you perhaps need any help?
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The male didn't offer much more of explanation other than to confirm her question. Not one to pry, Taki dropped it and moved on.

"Thanks," she said with a incline of her head. Although luck really had nothing to do with it, she still appreciated the sentiment. 

The quiet male then asked her if she needed help going up north. She had gotten this far on her own and was perfectly capable of finishing the journey the same way. So, no she didn't need help, but she wouldn't mind a travel companion. "You're welcome to join me if you want," she said indifferently. "I feel I should warn you that I don't make a lot of stops, though." She wasn't sure of his travel style, but she aimed to get shit done, stopping to eat, drink, or rest only when she absolutely had no other choice. She was used to her own rigorous pace, but didn't expect others to be accustomed to it.
Inuttuk
Common

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
He would have smiled if he could have found it in himself to. Aleks was not a soft creature, he could make hardy travels. That's fine by me. His head gave a gentle nod. And if the location they were heading was just north of here then surely it couldn't be too far. Aleks was sure he could manage to keep up with the stranger's pace until they parted ways or reached their destination.

Aleks. He finally introduced himself. It seemed a bit rude to invite himself and tag along without giving the pale female a name for him. Hopefully she would forgive his tardy manners.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
"Good," she said with a quick nod. She liked this wolf. He seemed agreeable so far, and there hadn't been much useless small talk between them, which was always a plus. 

Taki offered him a one-sided smile. "Takiyok." she hadn't even realized they never introduced themselves. Oops. She sometimes forgot the basic rules of social interactions, preferring to just get to the point; at least, with strangers anyway. 

She stood up, stretched, and shook out her snow white coat. She didn't see any reason to linger here any longer. "I guess we should get going, then," She said as she looked to the male in front of her, making sure he was ready to go before she started moving.
Inuttuk
Common

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Takiyok.

It would be a hard name to forget. Already feeling foreign on his tongue before he had even spoke it. At her next line of words, he offered a nod. Of course. Lead the way. When she did, he was ready to follow after like a shadow. Orange eyes were eager to see this north she spoke of.