Duskfire Glacier in spite of the uneven odds, beauty lifts from the earth
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook settled to watch him closely, much as she did with the rocks, the clouds, and the weather. Observing, appraising, searching out patterns and how he strayed - yet this felt different, and at times, when she'd find her gaze had lifted from his paws to his face, her cheeks burned with a peculiar warmth, and she felt the need to look away. Which was silly, of course - but she did, though the feeling remained.

His steps fell heavy, more like the pound of hail than the ethereal flow of light. She imagined his size played a factor, but even Nanurjak, a bear of a wolf herself, had mastered a step that made her size seem weightless, more like smoke than flesh and blood. Siarut had the pattern down - that was the easy part - but he lacked in feeling, in spirit. He moved, and the lights moved, but they danced a different dance, and from his words, the Ice Bear seemed to notice this, too.

She was already on her paws when he turned to her. "You've got the steps down," she slipped into a position opposite him and shook herself, knowing full well her own body ran with an unwelcome tension. From the travel, most like, and she thought no further on that. "Moving with the aurora is the hardest part. I struggled with that too," it was less of a science than what she was used to, "Nanurjak used to pretend to be the lights for me. It was easier to watch her than the sky while I was learning," absently, she circled her paw on the ground, "Perhaps we could try that."

Nanook would fall into rhythm again if he agreed, but for now, though prepped for movement, she waited. If he was not comfortable, or if he wanted to stop, she would not press him for more - but if he was willing, she would begin the dance again, for Siarut to follow.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread