Stone Circle How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Greyback? I think these two would make marvelous friends!

The sun was setting as Kegana stood on the edge of the river. Well at least it had been a river at one point, only a few weeks ago she had soaked herself in the cool water to avoid the heat. Now there was barely enough to wet her paws. The mongol wasn't sure what could have happened to cause such a thing, but she could only hope it would be resolved soon. She wondered what had upset the gods for them to bring such misfortune to Easthollow, Kegana made a note to pray for the resolution at dawn. The most auspisious time.

Lowering her head Kegana slowly lifted a smooth river rock from the edge of the bed, for a few days now she had been collecting rocks to make her own small praying pillar. She knew none within the Wilds knew her religion, but it was still very important to her. Kegana hoped it would be accepted.
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
I love sleeping at last, they have wonderful songs!

Greyback strolled down the river bank, hoping to wallow within the little water they had left within the territory. His fur, almost always kept, was a bit ragged. His posture was hunched over and he panted heavily. He was not suited for this weather, specially with his thick fur.

He saw Kegana by the bank a few ways down, his bright white pelt glinting with the trickled forest light. "Kegana!" He called, his voice deep and throaty. It's sound bounced through the forest, echoing slightly as he tried to grab her attention. He lifted his head upwards and walked towards her, his attention immediately focusing on what she was doing. "Are those...rocks, Miss Kegana?" He questioned, his head turning. He had never seen so many before. "They're beautiful..What do you plan on doing with them?"

Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
ohhhhh meeeeeee tooooooo

Her focuse was knocked by the familiar voice of the large Greyback. Turning from the task at hand, Kegana dipped her head as he approached. "Greetings, Greyback." Although she lacked a smile, her gaze was kind and welcoming. She turned back to the rocks at his query, "Yes they are rocks. I am creating a prayer mound." The princess turned back to the man, wondering if that answered his question. 

Kegana had gathered many smooth stones, searching for beautiful stones that were unique. In mongolia that rocks were different, and the majority of them looked the same. Here in the Wilds that abundance of rivers made it easy to find decorative rocks. "What brings you down to the river today?" The foreign woman looked over his shoulder back the water, accent coming through lightly in her words. Her time in the Teekon had dimished her strange speech pattern, making it easier for her to blend in.
pawprints 
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Yes they are rocks. I am creating a prayer mound."

The man bowed his head to Kegana as always, albeit slower than usual. He turned his head at the idea of a prayer mound. He was not a stranger to the custom, but was curious to what she would be praying for. "I haven't seen a prayer mound in ages, what is it you're praying for?"

He looked more closely at the rocks, bending down to lightly sniff at them. They smelled of the river, but were dry as bones. Had she collected them to pray to the river? He looked up at her question, a shy expression on his face. "I came here to get a drink, perhaps even to cool down in the water." He rasped. "I'm not used to being so dehydrated in such heat,"

Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The once roaring river, reduced to a small trickle, gently burbled a few feet from the packmates. Kegana watched as the water tickled the still drowned rocks, carrying dust and debris. "For the river. To return the life blood of our pack." She dropped her head to look at her paws, gently shifting a rock under her paw. Saying it allowed suddenly made her feel foolish, the mongol was embarrased for a moment. Until her resolve set in, and she lifted her head high, waiting to hear Greyback's opinion on the matter. 

Kegana hadn't really noticed the changing weather. She was used to the heat, Mongolia had a very similar climate to the Wilds. She was actually surprised at the amount of water that was around, her own family had had to make do with much less. The woman nodded, taking a step toward the small stream. If he was thirsty he should drink while he still could.
pawprints 
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"For the river. To return the life blood of our pack."

Greyback perked at Kegana's words. It was very kind of her to think of such a thing, not many would. Many years ago he would of done the same thing, but the mans faith in such gods had dwindled with time. Were there even such gods here, in Easthollow? He had never heard so much of a whisper from anyone. But he supposed it wouldn't hurt to pray anyway.

"Id love to help if I can," he replied, walking a little ways off to start nudging at the shallow water with his paw, upturning stones. "Is there any specific types you are looking for?"

Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
A flash of a smile touched her lips as the woman dipped her head, she hadn't been expecting help. To be questioned? Yes that was what she had been waiting for. Kegana looked over at Greyback as he started sifting through rocks. "Ummm." She shook her head and turned away again to look at the rocks she had collected. "No just similar in size, so they stack properly." 

Gracefully dipping her head she hefted a rock she determined was good. It wasn't to big, although it stuck out of her jaws. Rocks were not the easiest thing to grasp, and had a tendency to dull teeth. Kegana remembered the shaman's back home, their teeth were nawed flat rather than coming to a sharp point. She returned to the shore, and placed the rock at the very top of the pile she had already collected.
pawprints 
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"No just similar in size, so they stack properly."

Greyback nodded at Kegana's words as he searched around. He continued to poke and prod at the shallow stream, turning over rocks and lightly sniffing them in curiosity. Every so often a small fish would dart out from them, swimming frantically before disappearing again. He wondered how many fish have died since the river dried up.

Picking up a stone he found with his front teeth, Greyback carried it back to the white wolf, water dripping from his chin and cheek fur that touched the water. He set it down gently next to the pile, careful not to knock over the others before returning to his spot in the water. It was surprisingly calming, that was, until the ache between his shoulder blades came more apparent. Bending downwards for so long was starting to take a toll on his body, he wasn't a yearling anymore- no, far from it.

The man continued to work though, staying silent and dismissing the ache. "Miss Kegana," he began, moving into the stream after placing another rock near the pile. "Id love to hear about your homeland,"