Broken Boulder leaving traces of us down the boulevard
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Seabreeze’s verdict towards the sanctuary and the boulder was rather black and white, but not wholly unexpected. It wasn’t the perfect situation, rocky and suddenly ridden with cats as it was, but it was a good place for the family to regroup, garner strength and, in the pup’s case, grow a bit larger. Like her lover, Olive often vacillated very strongly between the good feelings and the bad — but having since fallen back in line with the gods’ divine plan for things, and making progress towards her ultimate destiny, she couldn’t help just enjoy the sense of lightheartedness and gratitude that came with it. She was getting better at these things, reading messages from the stars and heeding them fully — perhaps it was something that came with age, or more likely, trial and error — and it felt good to be making any progress at all, even if it was slow-goings, and even if she did not know the end result.

But she trusted.

Olive allowed her moonbeam gaze to slide shut behind pale lids, as her mind began to construct the portrait that Seabreeze painted with her words. The sylph had to agree; there was not much more than she could ask for than that. She sighed, audibly, letting a little gurgle of laugher ride upon her exhale.
“That’s a very pretty picture, my love. I agree with every single part of it,” she chimed, letting her mind rest of the perfection of it for a moment longer. Was this not their reality at the moment, sans cat infestation? Yes, the framework of their dreams was already theirs, but there were minutia that Olive was all too happy to hammer out.  “I’ve always dreamt of having an altar, you know? A place solely devoted to the gods, and blessed by their presence.” Olive, a woman blessed with the sight, had been able to find communion with her deities any place that she could muster the will and the focus. She lifted her head to glance about her. It was not perfect, but they were blessed.

“Oh, in that case, perhaps all the earth in our altar.” she admitted, offering her sister a sheepish smile.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - August 22, 2018, 01:03 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - August 23, 2018, 08:45 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - August 28, 2018, 10:06 AM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Seabreeze - September 01, 2018, 05:18 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - September 03, 2018, 12:56 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Seabreeze - September 04, 2018, 09:22 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - September 11, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Seabreeze - September 20, 2018, 06:10 PM
RE: leaving traces of us down the boulevard - by Olive - October 09, 2018, 01:48 PM