Blackfoot Forest rippling out through his past and future
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
heck, i'm always getting his name wrong, haha. sometimes i write it 'winterbane' and others i write his old name 'drogon' and i frequently have to go back and fix it. xD

wintersbane, admittedly, wasn't sure there was a 'standard' for how packs worked but he rather thought that if there was it might be something like the pack slavik described to him. wintersbane's memories of teaghlaigh were vague at best but he knew it wasn't traditional: there'd been a lot of laws that his mobster father had tried to instill within him and his siblings from an early age. protect the family at all costs, the family before all else ...strict and uncompromising rules like that. and when he'd been in blackfeather woods the first time he'd been a rebellious cub struggling to deal with the trauma of losing his family. thus, he'd been too busy scoffing at all their ideals of religion to really care much for their rules. moonspear sounded like, out of the packs that wintersbane called home thus far, it was the most similar to slavik's natal pack. ...and honestly, it sounded boring to the tundrian. he needed to be challenged, he needed to be challenged with the knowledge that he would gain at the end of it. he was ambitious by nature and following the rule of another had never actually been his style. he subjugates himself to it only because it is necessary. he is young and has never led a pack in his life. lack of experience might only see him failure.

"hmm," the tundrian offers the contemplative noise quietly. "yeah," wintersbane replies, drawing in a breath and letting it out in a soft sigh. it hasn't escape his notice that he could attempt to recruit but he isn't so sure that slavik would be an ideal fit for the dark woods... or vice versa. "they're called blackfeather woods, about two or three territories south of here." wintersbane makes a casual gesture with his muzzle in the general direction. "i wasn't born there, though. i only recently joined their ranks." he clarifies and then thinks about what he can tell the man about a pack whose affairs are meant to be secretive.

"we've got a bad reputation and for good reason," he almost wants to call them a band of misfits but that's far too light-hearted for what they are at the core. "very inclusive, with loose moral compasses. their some of the deadliest wolves these wilds have to offer." to him that sounds like a good way of describing blackfeather woods without giving away anything the rest of the teekon wilds didn't already know. there were things that were not meant for the ears of wolves outside their ranks ...things he hadn't been aware of as a cub. his unique position of leverage from being within their ranks does not go unnoticed by him and yet something stops him. not necessarily loyalty ( at least not yet ) but curiosity. he is curious and ambitious enough to see how far he can go.
Messages In This Thread
rippling out through his past and future - by RIP Wintersbane - September 01, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 01, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 01, 2018, 06:10 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 01, 2018, 11:09 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 02, 2018, 07:07 AM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 02, 2018, 07:58 AM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 02, 2018, 01:46 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by RIP Wintersbane - September 03, 2018, 04:53 AM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 03, 2018, 07:28 AM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 03, 2018, 03:51 PM
RE: rippling out through his past and future - by Slavik - September 04, 2018, 06:13 PM