Duskfire Glacier i'm the random minor note you hear in major songs
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Tunerk is being PP'd in this thread, all welcome!

When her children are “too good” for her, she finds herself a little bored. The puppies are growing before her eyes, already they need her less and less, and soon they won’t at all. The whole purpose for leaving the Woods so soon will eventually pass and where does that put her? They’ve reached their destination, they’re all safe, and she’s missed vital time with her puppies she should have had stationary, in the safety of their family.

To her surprise, @Tunerk comes up and pounces on her sleeping form and for a few moments she tussles with the child. It is as if she’d known what’s been going through her mind. After a while, she nudges the girl upward, hoping to show her a few things and catch a small meal for the two of them to share.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki spent a good amount of time every day at the top of the mountain that overlooked their territory; it was cold and quiet, and she enjoyed the view of their lands from that high up. That's where she had come from when she caught her older sister's scent near the dens. She followed it and soon found her accompanied by Tunerk. She let out a low chuff as she came up behind the pair. Sister, Taki greeted as she came to stand next to Shivali. She touched her head to her sister's cheek and offered Tunerk a quick nuzzle before asking, Where are you two headed? Maybe she could help them with something or just spend time with her sister and niece. Now that they were settled, she had a little more time for things like that.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
It is her younger sister that comes out to greet them. The mother slowly turns her head to watch her approach and closer her eyes when she is touch. Her tail sways back and forth a bit and she offers a gentle lick to Takiyok.

Shivali isn’t privy to the hierarchy since they’ve settled; mostly she’s keeping to herself and family, but Siarut put her next to time. She hasn’t wanted to give it much thought, busying herself with a handful of puppies and making sure they’re taken care of. What attention does she have for the rest of the pack? She’s never seen herself in leadership but they hadn’t even talked. Any upset feelings are bit back for the time being as they address her daughter.

“We are going hunting today,” she informs, turning away for her only as her daughter bounds off a few steps and she tries her best to keep up.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Hunting sounded fun. Taki especially enjoyed the idea of helping Shiv teach Tunerk the basics of the important skill. Her citrine gaze filled with excitement as she trotted beside her sister. Would you like some help? she asked. It sounded much more fun than running a patrol or checking the caches, which is what she would usually be doing at this time. She found that even with her new position, she was often working on her own most of the time, which was fine, but she missed doing things like this with her family. Her favorite activity was exploring the surrounding territories, and that couldn't even pull her away from the prospect of spending the day with her sister and niece. Taki watched the pup dance around in front of them as she matched her sister's pace and waited for her answer.
Inuttuk
Common

tell me what the rain knows
58 Posts
Ooc —
Tunerk greets her aunt with a fond nip to her jaw, though was silent and distant otherwise. Not due to her desire to be, but because she was eager to partake in this momentuos task she and her mother had selected: hunt. She had witnessed her mother take down smaller prey, though Tunerks own attempts had been one failure after the next. The cub had her large paws and disproportionate limbs to blame for this, though she was not aware of it. 

She did not take failure very well... but she also never accepted defeat. It was not in her nature to give up. Tunerk had seen her mother, and her elders, succeed—why shouldn't she? Why not today? 

Large ears swivel backward, though she did not really hear her aunts request. Tunerk was following a scent, and bounded ahead as one became particularly apparent to her. Though she could not identify what it was, her stormy blue gaze at last lifted from the icy earth, shifting from her mother to her aunt. Her tail waved proudly behind her as she snorted at the ground, asking: what's this? Can we hunt it?
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Her younger sister offers her help and Shivali smiles a bit, and nods. Being a single mother, she’s grown used to her family stepping in and helping. They are as close to the children as she is, and as their father should be. Perhaps the heavy weight of it all is mental and she doesn’t have to carry as much as she expects.

Tunerk halts and sniffs the ground, inquiring about whether or not they can hunt something. Shivali’s nose twitches, leathery flare as she pulls it through memory. “What do you think it is?” she asks, putting most attention on her daughter. A quick grin and quirk of her eyebrow to her sister tells her otherwise, hoping they find whatever it is they’ve latched onto.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki fell into place beside her sister, happy that she could help teach Tunerk something about hunting and tracking. She watched as her niece sniffed the ground in front of them before turning to ask whether or not they could hunt whatever belonged to the scent trail she was so concentrated on. Just like Shivali had done, Taki drew the scent in as well, and tried to identify it. Her sister asked Tunerk what she thought the scent might belong to, and Taki waited patiently for her niece to try and answer the question. It was important for her to start matching things to the scents she picked up. She returned her sister's glance before moving her attention back to the girl as she made an attempt to track whatever had caught her attention.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
I am going to wrap this up. <3

Tunerk sniffs at the ground, trying to sort through memories of food brought to her, perhaps. Shivali watches her try to figure out, occasionally glances at Takiyok from the corner of her eye. When they trace the scent back, she guides her daughter through to the right answers while she works through them herself. The glacier is fruitful and the possibility for a meal is often in their favor. Good hunters are needed and what better than the best hunter of the pack to teach her daughter to be the same in her footsteps?

After great effort, the three of them share a small meal, taking pride in today’s lesson.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads