Blacktail Deer Plateau "I can teach you how to bottle fame,"
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue's tail waved in a contented fashion as the leader returned her greeting warmly. "Certainly," she answered to the ivory woman's request. Fresh from being a lone wolf herself, Rue's senses were still sharply attuned to her surroundings and anything or anyone who might be threatening. Keeping extra vigilance was something she did already, even when she didn't necessarily need to do so. Even when she probably should have been relaxing. 

Liri and Rue were soon joined by others, some of which she'd had the pleasure of speaking with and others she had yet to get to know. Two raven-pelted, somewhat groggy-looking ladies were next to arrive, followed by two equally dark-pelted males. Elixir and Kavik were known to Rue, and she greeted them both with soft smiles and a wagging tail. The other two were only familiar to Rue by sight, and she offered them both polite nods. 

Rue was quickly lost once Liri began to address the gathered wolves. Naturalist? Chronicler? Huh? And what exactly was a "trade" supposed to be? Rue's churning thoughts were interrupted by the somewhat clumsy arrival of another dark-pelted woman. The woman tossed a rabbit caracass to Liri and retreated hastily, all of which struck Rue as a rather.. odd. But even this sort of oddball wolf seemed more with-it than Rue, quickly chiming in about something called a counseling trade. 

"Perhaps.. these um, these trades.. could be explained?" Rue piped in a small voice (even smaller than her usual voice) once there was a lull in conversation. If wolves could blush, the poor girl would be bright red.

As she awaited explaination, Rue's eyes darted around to the others, wondering if she was the only one here who had never heard of a naturalist, or a chronicler, or whatever all that other stuff was. She had always just assumed that other packs were like Red Fern Grove, and everyone was either a hunter or a fighter or both. It had never occured to her that there might be other career paths available in Blacktail Deer Plateau.
Messages In This Thread
"I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Síff - September 13, 2018, 09:49 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Ruenna - September 13, 2018, 10:37 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Elixir - September 13, 2018, 11:39 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Minori - September 14, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by RIP Kavik - September 14, 2018, 06:30 PM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Corvus - September 15, 2018, 10:11 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Síff - September 26, 2018, 07:02 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by RIP Grezig - October 01, 2018, 10:27 PM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Ruenna - October 03, 2018, 10:38 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Elixir - October 03, 2018, 10:57 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2018, 11:17 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Síff - October 04, 2018, 07:24 AM
RE: "I can teach you how to bottle fame," - by Ruenna - October 04, 2018, 11:36 AM