Duskfire Glacier I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
@Steele since they haven't officially met yet, but AW as well. :)

The malguk was patrolling yet again. That's all she really ever did. She used to travel for days at a time, constantly on the move, and without that avenue for all of her restless energy, she had found a less stimulating outlet. She didn't resent the task at all; keeping the glacier safe was her top priority, but sometimes she felt like she was having trouble balancing her new role as a leader with who she was before she had to worry about so many others. She hadn't seen Sia very much lately, and it left her feeling...lonely? It was an unfamiliar feeling; she was usually fairly independent. Her older brother knew better than anyone, though. Being around him was easy for her and not filled with the awkward obligation that often came with interacting with others. 

She took a detour and found herself at the shore of the meltwater lake. Drizzle had accumulated on her snowy coat, and she shook the drops out before lowering her muzzle to the water and drinking the frigid liquid. The temperature was getting colder every day. An icy breeze moved through her fur then and made her shiver in anticipation of the winter weather that was around the corner. She sat down, deciding she had patrolled enough, and took a deep breath. The moonlight glinted off her ivory coat as the move forced the rising and falling her chest. Drizzle had started to collect in her coat again, but she didn't really mind all that much. It had been something she learned to get used to. When she was younger and training under Sia, she had to get her ass into gear no matter the weather, so she learned not to pay much mind to such things. 

While she sat lost in introspection, she eventually decided she needed to go on a scouting mission soon before she lost her mind. She loved it here, but she would appreciate it all the more after being gone for a few days. She still needed go check out Bracken Sanctuary. That irritating male had mentioned his brother was the leader there, and she thought someone should check them out and see what kind of pack they were. Maybe plant the seeds of an alliance. She would need to let Shivali and Sia know first, but she would probably head over there in a few days. Having the plan made her feel a littler better, and she got to her feet and started making her way to the peak that overlooked the territory. It would look nice up there under the moonlight.

Oof, sorry! Taki tends to spur long, introspective posts.
Inuttuk
Common

142 Posts
Ooc —
Edited @Takiyok

Steele had been exploring the territory by himself, patrolling the borders as he wanted to call it, just to get to know the place. It was weird to not be 'free' and to have duties to do again like back at the Sanctuary. After he thought about it he wondered how Alarian and Lily were. When he left everyone seemed okay but one can never be so sure that it could be that way all the time. As he padded along he broke off as he seen a peak that looked over a large sum of the territory. It seemed that maybe there he could see a lot of what he was trying to get to know. 

He turned his body sharply and kept his steady gait. As he was headed there a silhoutte came into view, maybe Uki? but he wasn't sure. Upon closer inspection it was a girl he hadn't met too well yet as he didn't even know her name. He barked out a greeting so he wouldn't startle her and picked up his gait. He hoped she would show him the territory from the peak so he wouldn't get too lost around here anymore. "Hello" he said softly.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She stopped walking when she heard the greeting, tensing at the intrusion to her quiet, solitary evening. She turned to see Uki's recruit moving towards her. As a leader, she couldn't avoid packmates, plus she hadn't really met the new male and thought she should at least get to know him a little. She offered him a curt nod. I don't think I've been told your name, she said, studying him with her citrine gaze as she so often did with anyone who found themselves unlucky enough to be in her company. She deliberated on whether or not she should invite him to walk up to the the top of the mountain with her. Finally she decided she might as well. I was headed to the top, she said with a lift of her head towards the summit of the mountain that held their dens. You can join me if you'd like, she offered as she turned and started walking again not checking to make sure he was following but assuming he had.
Inuttuk
Common

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele had nodded at her words, he didn't know hers either. That probably made them even. Now though that they were both here they could meet officially. She offered for him to go up the mountain with her and he smiled a bit, "That would be nice, thank you." he said moving slowly to her side. The pale woman seemed head strong, a good quality for a leader and for a woman, he still smiled as he moved his gaze from the horizon to her. She knew english well, not like the others in her pack besides Siarut, this interested him greatly. 

As they padded along a strange silence fell between the two and Steel shifted slightly. "I'm Steele" he said softly breaking the silence with his deep voice. "Do you know english and the other langauge?" he asked curious to know if she was fluent in both. He wanted to get to know the language as it sounded more beautiful than the native tongue he knew all to well. His gaze returned to the horizon as he finished the sentence and waited for her to say something back.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
They walked in silence for a little bit, something she never minded. He eventually introduced himself as Steele, and she nodded. Takiyok, she offered in response. He then asked if she spoke common and inuttut, or at least she assumed he was referring to inuttut. Yes, I speak both common and my native language, Inuttut, she explained. My brother began teaching me from a young age and it came in handy later when I became the scout of the family, she added. Sia had taught her common, but travelling around on scouting missions had cemented the language in her brain so well, that now she had no problems with it. Even with her heavy accent, others never had trouble understanding her. 

She glanced at him briefly. How do you know Uki? she asked, moving her citrine gaze back to the trail ahead of them as they moved higher up the mountain. She knew the female spoke almost no common and it seemed like Steele spoke no inuttut, so she wondered how they came to know each other.
Inuttuk
Common

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded a bit at her name and made it a mental note. It was unique so he thought it might be easier to remember. She explained that she spoke English and Inuttut, his language and hers, and how she had learned it. A small smile pierced his lips a bit. “Learning a language is good young. I wish I was taught one younger. I’m guessing you’re talking about Siarut?” He knew he probably knew it was Siarut but wanted to confirm. 

Then she asked about Uki. He swallowed a bit hard. He wasn’t quite sure how to tell her how they met without making it sound too weirdo stalkerish. The mans brows furrowed and then he spoke. “I met her not too far from here. I was traveling because I had left another pack I was apart of to find myself and who I really wanted to become. Sounds stupid I know but I felt I needed too. Anyway, I approached her and when she didn’t speak to me in English I figured it was a sign I needed to learn it so I could speak to her.” Alright this explanation sounds weirdo stalkerish, he was a bit nervous after it came out. He took a small breath. “That’s why I followed her back here” Takiyok didn’t expect a whole explanation but man did she get one..

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded her head. Yes, Siarut taught me everything I know. He started training me as a fighter and scout at a young age, she answered, keeping her eyes on the rocky terrain. She was glad her older brother had taken over her training from their father. He wasn't any less relentless by any means, but his lessons were given with kindness, where as her father was only critical and cold.

She listened to his story as they moved higher up the mountain, finally reaching the top. She had made the journey here almost daily, so she showed no signs of exertion from the steep, uphill climb. Her heart and muscles were well used to her almost constant activity. Those of us that speak both languages are always willing to teach either one, she offered. She especially loved speaking and teaching her native language. 

She came to stand at the edge of the summit and looked down over the glacier. This was her most favorite place in the whole territory. Angiggak, she said, moving her citrine gaze from the lands below to the male at her side. Home, the malguk translated second later, motioning to the glacier with her snowy head.
Inuttuk
Common

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele took in what she said about Siarut, he knew the man seemed respectful but he never knew that he would be that much. If he was in his shoes he didn’t know if he could do the same, teaching and such, it seemed hard. That was of course Steele had no other siblings left so the thought of it made him a bit sad. “That’s highly respectful.” He said to her after a moment of thought.

The journey to the top had took some of the energy that the man had but he hadn’t wanted to show it to Takiyok. He slowed his breaths as they stopped. “That’s good because I’d love to learn it, that’s my goal anyway.“ he said looking out over the territory. It was more beautiful than it was walking through it. An aerial view was better, he was jealous now of the view birds have of it.

Angiggak“ he said softly after a thought about what word had come out of her mouth. “Home... beautiful home.” He added his eyes scanning. Then his auds has turned to Takiyok and he smiled. Finally he had learned one word, one is the start of millions.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
IniKuk she said, nodding, her gaze finding his. Beautiful, she added a second later in case he didn't understand. She fell silent after that and gazed down at the glacier beneath them, lost in thought. She felt like she had definitely grown into her position as second, especially with how doubtful she was in the beginning that she would be a good leader. The longer she was here, though, the more selfless decisions she made, which was honestly huge for Taki. She pretty much only cared about herself and those in her circle of trust, but her circle had slowly grown to incorporate her packmates, and she found herself forming bonds with those who had proven their loyalty. Of course, just being part of the pack didn't grant you admission into her inner circle, but it did come with her protection and respect, which was saying a lot for the malguk. 

She continued to look out over IkKanattuk, saying nothing. If Steele wanted to talk, he was welcome to, but she didn't really have much to say at the moment, and she wasn't one for small talk.
Inuttuk
Common