Broken Boulder i believe in symmetry
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Most definitely! 

The shrouded sylph was almost too thankful when the universe offered her an out — a distraction from her stressors, few as they were — in the form of the chocolate and cream chancellor, whom she had not yet the chance to know yet. Olive had admittedly been busy with her family; almost too busy, and  Olive continually surprised herself with how highly she placed her children and her kin at a higher priority than almost anything else in her life. The woman loosed an endearing and sententious smile, striding forth to meet him in his purposeful advance.

As she got closer, the midwife took a quick glance over her leader’s form. She knew him to be one of those who fell ill, and though Olive felt bad about not coming to visit or pay her respects, Olive was not quick to apologize for it. She was motivated to keep her babies, all four of them, hale and healthy — an effort in which she succeeded fully. It was Seabreeze’s duty to tend to the sick, anways; that had been their arrangement, and it had worked well to hold their small family together in spite of the calamity around them. There had been a time where Olive considered her entire pack her family, where any woes that befell the pack might as well as befallen her own children — namely with Teaghlaigh and Sunspire — but those times were no more. She no more trusted her children with her pack members than she did with mere strangers. This was harsh, yes, but when those not born of her loin, or wedded to herm controlled their futures, they almost always seemed to act against her own best interest. Let the pack have their plans, but now Olive was always trying to think a step ahead. Surely this was the reason the gods had bestowed her with the sight, was it not?

Delight, she was certain, was a fine man. He just wasn’t family, not yet, but he couldn’t really be faulted for that. Her desire for company was always present, but her trust was not so free-flowing and ever-bubbling. Olive concluded that he looked well enough, and she inquired
“How do you fare?”  and then thoughtfully added “and how fares your children?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 03, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 06, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 09, 2018, 02:14 PM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - October 16, 2018, 09:40 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - October 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Ariel - November 02, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: i believe in symmetry - by Olive - November 03, 2018, 08:20 PM