Coconut Grove i've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
All Welcome 
he had passed through here before, on his coastal trip with dawn, but obviously he didn't remember it well enough. palm trees had occasionally graced the landscape much further south, but up here? govinda was awestruck and thoroughly amused as he stared up at them, careful to stand a good distance back from the trunk (one clunk to the head could cut a wolf's life short).

you just never knew.

it was a lovely bit of land, at any rate. were it some degrees warmer, it would be perfect. still, there was shrubbery here and there that gave shelter from the wind, and the air was redolent with the scent of green things and sea-breeze. govinda settled near one of the bushes with a sigh, lifting his leg to urinate against it before padding away and sprawling out in sphinx position, eyes half-shut.

god, it was so trivial, these days. eat, sleep, shit, repeat. he felt as if he complained to himself each and every morning about the banality of this new life, and made a vow to rip himself from this pessimism--then, with the next dawn, he was right back at it with the whining. but places like this made it better, even if by only a bit. they always did.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Canyon wasn't sure what he was doing but he was having fun! Which was the whole purpose of having left home for the second time. Things hadn't gone so swimmingly the first time around but this felt a lot better. Pretty girls (girl, really) and no big smarter males fighting him over the cuties. Not to mention he wasn't tied down to one inidvual. He was free to roam and his dumb brain loved that. It meant he could sniff wherever, sleep wherever and eat whatever.

Well, not eat whatever. He had tried chewing on this big round thing but it felt bad on his tongue and gums. Nor did it seem keen on cracking open so he could discover its insides. He was about to give up on this big nut before he noticed someone up ahead. Maybe they knew what to do!

Yo! Canyon called out with a wide grin. He nosed along the coconut to bring it and himself closer to the stranger. You ever tried to eat one of these before?
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
his ear tilted quickly back as the shout rang out, his fur bristling with alarm. it was only when the friendliness registered in his head that govinda calmed, taking a deep breath before turning to stare the other down. had the man not spoken already, he might have mistaken him for ahe, the fiery girl from the bay. as it was. . .

a long time ago, he responded, the left corner of his mouth lifting in a smile. can't say i have attempted it, since. what about you? he was sure the answer would be 'yes.' the tone of the voice suggested a sort of adventurous whimsy; just the type of wolf that would try to eat a coconut. whether or not he was as daft as that action implied remained to be seen.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Nah, never. He admitted as he rolled the coconut away from them. I tried gnawing on it but it doesn't taste very good and I can't seem to crack it open. Canyon explained with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. There was no use in keeping the dang thing around if no one could get into it. Maybe he'd save it for later, drop it on some rocks.

You with those wolves from the bay? The rusty male asked with a tilt of his head. They were a bit out of the way from the bay but who knew. Maybe he was scouting or maybe they were even claiming the land all the way out here. Who knew? Not Canyon.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
hmm, a surprise. govinda watched the coconut roll away, then brought his gaze back to the other, shaking his head. no, but i'm familiar with them, he responded, thinking fondly of ford and his reverence for the sea. i'm with no one, right now. what about you?

he rose to his feet, shaking the sand from his pelt and stifling a yawn. i'm govinda, he added, the name coming easier than ever before. the transformation was nearly complete; his old life was all but dead. and, fortunately for him, everyone that he had encountered out here was a new face. no reckoning with the past, yet.
16 Posts
Ooc —
All alone also. He mused with a whimsical sigh falling from his lips. Sure, the freedom had been fun but company was still slim pickings. What would happen if he dared to travel inland? Would anyone even be out there in the great expanse? He had no clue and the thought was only mildly alarming. It quickly left his mind though as the other stood and spoke again.

Canyon offered Govinda a wider grin this time. I'm Canyon. He returned with an eager swish of his tail. So if you're not with the bay wolves or anyone else then what are you doing out here? He inquired, feeling perhaps a bit nosier than he should have.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he hummed softly in sympathy, knowing too well the kind of sorrowful liberation that came from solitude. but they weren't alone now, were they? pleasure to meet you, canyon, he responded, smiling. for now, i'm just exploring. seeing what's out here. trying to find a place to settle down, eventually. if he ever did. sometimes he wondered if staying untethered for the rest of his life was simply best.

no attachments, no sentiments, no feelings. . .

just ignorant, carefree bliss.

could say the same for you, govinda remarked, raising a brow. just passing through, as well?