Stone Circle I'm too young to go to jail
☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Joining 
Please let @Greyback reply first. ;3c

Dianne really didn't want to do this. She'd already done it once before, and she hated it then. Wolves were awful creatures worthy only of her hatred. It wasn't worth putting her trust in any that seemed-half decent. But unfortunately, like last winter, she was small, inexperienced, and alone. Though less so now, those descriptors were still accurate. Her hunting had improved out of necessity, but the learning curve still left her famished. She could've had a wolf from the previous pack she occupied mentor her, but she loathed the idea of seeking out a wolf for assistance.

Now, winter was returning, and she wasn't foolish enough to believe her chances of surviving were good on her own. She was famished enough as it was. Sighing, Dianne approached the pack's border, having picked it simply because it was closest to her. It would be a temporary arrangement, and she wouldn't feel any attachment to anyone. Once the weather warmed and the snow melted, she'd be gone. She could tolerate it that long. Tilting her head back, Dianne howled to make her presence known. Now, she waited.
Don't make me your enemy.

Dianne can be incredibly rude & insensitive.
Her thoughts & actions do not reflect my own.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The darkened skies and harsh gale of the winds never let the older wolf forget that winter was around the corner. The cold had seeped into his bones, making it their home and causing his joints to ache every morning.  And with nothing else to help he took to walking nearly every hour of the day in order to stretch them. Getting old sure was unpleasant.

Hearing the sound of a low howl off the border, Greyback turned towards it and perked his ears. He did not recognize the soft song and returned his own loud, booming howl as a confirmation that he received it before making it way towards it's direction. With winter coming he knew wolves would be looking for a pack to join, much like he did when he stumbled upon Easthollow last winter.

Nearing the border the Easthollow wolf noticed the slim figure of another, her pelt grey like the clouds and face darkened almost like a mask, he almost didn't recognize the accented gold that ran through her fur. Walking up to her, he kept his tail limp and posture high. It was only when he stood before her that he gave a small bow, his head lowering in greeting before rising up. "Good evening, Miss. You're at the border of Easthollow, may I help you?"

☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
A deep howl sounded in response to hers, signalling that she at least wouldn't be waiting long. Her eyes widened as an absolutely massive wolf came into view. He had to be nearly twice her size. His slate-grey coat made him appear mountainous. Dianne collected herself, drawing the neutral mask back over her face. It didn't matter how big he was, she told herself. All that mattered was whether he'd let her in or not. Yet, her heart still thudded in her chest.

Once the behemoth finally stood before her, he bowed and said, "Good evening, Miss. You're at the border of Easthollow. May I help you?" That caught her off-guard. She appreciated his manners, though she wouldn't return the gesture. Dianne didn't bow to anyone, especially not a wolf. At least he wasn't a complete brute. She tucked the name "Easthollow" away in her mind in case she'd need it later.

Yes. My name is Dianne; I am interested in joining your pack. I will offer my hunting skills and loyalty, She said curtly, trying not to gag at the utterance of "loyalty". It only reminded her that she'd be tied to this place for months. Her expression remained utterly flat nonetheless, her voice robotic in its monotony.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Yes. My name is Dianne; I am interested in joining your pack. I will offer my hunting skills and loyalty, "

Greyback did not expect the stranger the bow, but he at least expected her to return the friendliness. She offered her his name and he slowly nodded, committing it to memory before looking at her more closely. She had a large gash on her neck that was long since healed, a wound that concerning in it's own. She also looked slightly underweight but he couldn't fully tell by the appearence of her pelt.

He mulled over the fact that she offered loyalty and hunting skills. Many wolves often offered loyalty, as well as hunting skills- it wasn't very unique but they could always use more skillful hunters in the winter. "Can you elaborate on your hunting skills? Can you destract well, or can you run fast?" He asked "And were do you come from?" He wanted to know more about Dianne.

☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She felt his eyes hone in on the scar on her throat, and she hated it. It drew unwanted stares, which only reminded her of what caused it in the first place — their kind. At least the man didn't seem too offended by her curtness. Dianne appreciated that he was getting right to the meat of this interaction like she was and that he asked the right questions. I am very quick on my feet. I specialize in small prey, but I can also assist in large game, She answered in a businesslike fashion. Who'd turn down a good hunter for winter? She probably made it sound like she were more skilled than in reality, but whatever. Her help would be enough.

His next question caught her off-guard: "And were do you come from?"

It brought up memories, and all of them were painful. Dianne shoved them down. Far from here. Nowhere special, She mumbled, breaking the strong eye contact she held before. Dianne hoped he'd get a clue that she didn't want to talk about it. She forced her eyes to drift back to his face after a moment, determined to remain calm and professional.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback nodded to her words, small prey was good. He remembers seeing a lot of foxes and hares in the winters, perhaps Dianne could assist with that. He could also possibly ask her to join with another hunting party next time the pack goes out, the cashes would need to be restored soon.

The fact that she didn't wan't to answer in detail where she came from was a bit worrisome to the male but he pushed it away, not many strangers liked to talk about their past- especially if theyre looking to join a new pack and create a new home. He could respect that, but would keep it stored in the back of his mind. Although he believed he was open and accepting, he couldn't be too careful when it came to the safety of the pack.

Greyback didn't miss the way Dianne looked down at the earth, her eye contact breaking like one would as if they were caught red handed. He tipped his head to the side. @Valette or @Steph would probably be arriving soon, he could ask her later if she wanted to talk after the Alpha or Beta talked to her. "That is quite alright, miss Dianne."

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
When Steph broke from the trees, she saw that Greyback had already intercepted the stranger at their borders. Her tail wagged in a greeting to him as she approached. She had a newfound appreciation for him since their talk about his past and Ira. 

She paused at his shoulder, her gaze going to the girl a moment before looking to Greyback. What's up? she asked, her tone light and friendly. She assumed he had already asked the other female what she was doing here.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
I'm realizing how much of a bitch Dianne is the more I write her, lmao.

She was relieved that the man seemed to accept both of her answers and wouldn't press for any more. It felt strange to be called "miss", but that just seemed to be an idiosyncrasy of his. Of all the idiosyncrasies he could have, that one was probably the least irritating. Realizing he hadn't introduced himself yet, she asked, And what is your name? Shortly afterwards, a dark-pelted girl approached. She looked even younger than herself, and far more bubbly at that. She'd probably end up getting on her nerves.

"What's up?" The girl asked. Dianne figured the man would explain everything to her, so she kept silent.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"And what is your name?"

Greyback was taken by surprise and mentally slapped himself for such a foolish mistake; he had forgotten to introduce himself! Opening his mouth to reply he noticed Steph was approaching by the scent that wafted off of her in the wind. Turning his head, he smiled to her with kind eyes before turning back to Dianne. "My apologies, I am Greyback- Gamma of Easthollow and this-" He motioned to the black female that barely reached his chin with a cock of his head "Is Steph, our Beta."

After waiting for both to acknowledge the introduction he looked back at Steph out of the corner of his squinty amber-peach eyes. "Steph this is Dianne, she's traveled far from here is looking to Join Easthollow. She can offer her loyalty and hunting expertise on small and large prey." His voice was formal as ever as he got straight to the point of repeating what the stranger said. Greyback didn't feel the need for her to repeat what she said, however if she wished to he wouldn't be opposed.

☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The man introduced himself as Greyback and the girl as the beta of their pack, Steph. Wait, that was their beta? This giant of a wolf was below her? Steph was even younger than she was! Dianne would bet she got the position out of nepotism or something. Well, whatever; she thought it was stupid, but did it really matter? She was just here to avoid starving. Dianne dipped her head in acknowledgement, but that's all she'd get.

Greyback explained the situation to the beta, so she didn't feel the need to say anything more. She waited for further questions or the final verdict in resolute silence.

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm not sure if you are aware, Sparx, but we follow a posting order when there are more than two wolves in a thread, that way everyone has their turn to respond. The posting order is now: Steph, Greyback, and then Dianne. Also, Dianne wouldn't know that Steph is the Alpha's daughter, since they just met and Greyback didn't tell her that.

Steph's tail wagged as they were introduced. Greyback's voice didn't sound like anything had gone amiss, so she assumed everything was fine. It turns out it was, and this stranger was looking for a place to stay. Steph turned her gaze back to Dianne. Nice to meet you, Dianne, she responded. We're a family-oriented pack here, and are pretty peaceful, working as a unit, she explained. Are you going to be able to do that? Steph asked. They were a tight-knit group, and though there was friction between a couple wolves (cough)Greyback and Ira(cough), they all worked together regardless. Steph quieted as she waited for a response.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback was curious as to why Dianne had felt the need to not respond, he at least was looking for acknowledgement towards Steph, but perhaps she was waiting until the beta introduced herself. Turning, he looked at Steph with a humble smile, happy the young black wolf was coming out of her shell; she seemed more active on the borders and willing to introduce herself.

As Steph explained that the pack was family oriented he gave a nod in favor. The pack was pretty close at times, though there had been tensions between members and not everyone knew each other closely. Greyback gave a quirk of his brow as he thought, looking past Dianne with an unfocused gaze. Perhaps with time that was change.

He stood quiet along with Steph, curious as to if the stranger would answer yes.

☆ Demoness ☆
52 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Steph explained, "We're a family-oriented pack here, and are pretty peaceful, working as a unit." It sounded standard enough, though she'd have to see for herself just how "peaceful" this pack really was. "Are you going to be able to do that?" She then asked. While Dianne definitely wouldn't be part of any wolf's family, she knew how to cooperate with them and wouldn't complain when she had to. Just don't expect me to sing kumbaya or anything, She thought. These wolves seemed really amicable, which was... tolerable.

Yes, of course, The mottled hybrid answered flatly but confidently.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dianne answered affirmatively, and gave a nod in response. While the girl wasn't bubbly, or very talkative, neither of those attributes were necessary. She simply needed to not cause trouble. Great, Steph responded. Then welcome to Easthollow, she added with a smile. 

She turned her gaze to Greyback. Do you want to show her around? she asked. It wasn't an order, and he could certainly say no. Steph just knew he was pretty good at conversing, and if she was nervous, he was the wolf to help calm those nerves.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Woo new member! WELCOME!
He heard Steph welcome Dianne to the pack and instantly his vision snapped back to the new member. "Welcome," he added, wagging his tail slightly. He was glad to have a new member, and curious to get to know more about her. Perhaps they could do that now since Steph asked if he wanted to show her around.

Nodding to Steph, he took a few steps forward, waiting for Dianne to follow him. "Come along this way," he called.