Blackfeather Woods but there's chaos brewing underneath my skin
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
More than happy to join! I've been wanting to get Rue over here to check up on @Shisu for a while now.

Rue was too far from the edge of the woods to see the carnage that marked the Blackfeather border, but a shift in the winds did bring a rotten stench to her nose. She sneezed, and when she looked back up a raven-colored man was standing in the shadows. Rue nodded to the man, and as she studied him another gust of wind immersed her in the scent of death. The Redfern girl shuddered. 

"Please excuse me-- I called only to announce my presence. I didn't want my intentions mistaken. I thought to shelter in these woods when I saw them from afar, but I now see that they are occupied." 

There was something familiar about the pack's smell. It drew a memory out of the back of Rue's mind... it was a memory so distant and insignificant, it had almost been lost. Rue had come upon an ivory-pelted man with this pack's scent when she first arrived in these lands. The alabaster male had been speaking to a woman cloaked in silvers-- a very timid, naive sounding woman-- and he had conviced the woman to come back with him to his pack. Watching the silver girl get "recruited" by the smooth-talking male had given Rue an inexplicable nervous feeling in her stomach. She couldn't help but feel as if she had witnessed a man taking advantage of a helpless female, and she had done absolutely nothing to stop it. 

Should Rue attempt to find out what had happened all those moons ago? Was the woman safe and happy in these woods? Something about the ominous scent emanating from the trees hinted otherwise, and that was also the reason Rue was reluctant to move closer. She hesitated, unsure of whether to draw out the conversation for answers or to run away as swiftly as her tired paws would carry her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but there's chaos brewing underneath my skin - by Ruenna - November 22, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: but there's chaos brewing underneath my skin - by Ruenna - November 24, 2018, 12:56 PM
RE: but there's chaos brewing underneath my skin - by Ruenna - November 25, 2018, 11:13 AM
RE: but there's chaos brewing underneath my skin - by Ruenna - December 02, 2018, 11:17 AM