Felltree Marsh the guardian lives in her leaves
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It all seemed so peaceful, her and Eleuthera. After several moments of simply watching and absorbing and appreciating, Olive lifted herself from the ground and strode towards where her lilac child rifled through the weeds. “It is not the best time of year for herbs, but we do our best. We always need to be ready to help those in need.” the mother commented, her trained eyes easily espying several useful plants within the immediate vicinity — but her children had a tendency to love the flowers of summer, and there were few bright and vibrant colors to be found. To them, surely the landscape was barren.

It was at that moment that they were approached by another; the newcomer seemed friendly enough, even announcing her presence in a kind manner, so Olive tapped Eleuthera on the haunches with her nose to send her on her way. For an unknown reason, Olive intuited that this was not the place for her child.
“My love, why don’t you go find us some sweet flower?” she suggested. “It grows near water — but be careful around rivers.”   When the girl was on her way, Olive watched her depart and then turned to regard the dark stranger with a smile. 

“Greetings,” she chimed. “Can I help you?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - November 14, 2018, 11:52 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Antumbra - December 04, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - December 10, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Antumbra - December 14, 2018, 11:05 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - December 21, 2018, 07:25 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Antumbra - December 22, 2018, 09:32 AM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - December 29, 2018, 03:40 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Antumbra - January 01, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - January 03, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Antumbra - January 08, 2019, 01:23 PM
RE: the guardian lives in her leaves - by Olive - January 10, 2019, 11:02 AM