Duskfire Glacier late night sitcoms
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Tagging @Takiyok, but anyone welcome!

Cyclone wasn't sure where the pack tended to gather in the evening, but since she had managed to kill a few rabbits earlier in the day, she figured it was the perfect opportunity to figure out where she could find folks in the hours of darkness. One of the rabbits she had eaten on the spot, another she had buried in the frozen earth, and the third hung between her jaws. She'd had a rather productive day, if she did say so herself. Hopefully her new leader would be pleased.

With each step, the limp body swung one way, with the next, it swung the other in a strange dance of the dead. Neasa paused, plopping the rabbit down as she stopped to scratch an itch behind her right ear that had been bugging her for a good ten minutes.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The IkKanattuk leader could be found doing a vast array of things in the evenings. Tonight, she was feeling particularly restless. She hadn't wandered far from the glacier since Sia fell ill, and she knew it would be a while before she would be able to do so. For some reason, nighttime seemed to be the hardest--when she felt the travel itch the most, and so she always tried to find things to keep her busier than she normally was. Luckily she had no shortage of things to do these days. 

She wondered if anyone had checked the caches lately to ensure nothing needed to be removed. It was not the most glorious of tasks, but it would certainly work to quell her edginess. She began to make her way to the closest store but found her mission interrupted by the view of her newest packmate in the distance. She was interested to know more about the woman, so Taki altered her path so that she could approach the other wolf. Once close enough, she released a chuff, briefly glancing at the rabbit that sat by her feet before greeting her with a quick nod and an, Evening.
Inuttuk
Common

196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Neasa looked up after scratching that most annoying itch to see Takiyok. She had wanted to catch up with her again before she left the next day on her first recruiting expedition. Cyclone did not expect to be gone long, but she did want to check in before she left. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. Not only that, but she knew that having the rabbit with her would be beneficial, too.

I rustled up some grub, she said, touching the rabbit gently with one foot. Ate one for myself, stored the second, and I figured somebody would end up wanting the third. You wouldn't happen to be interested, would ya? she asked, canting her head to one side.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She dipped her head in thanks before reaching over to grab the rabbit and place it next to her. She was actually kind of hungry and couldn't remember the last time she ate--not uncommon for the atausiq. She would eat later after they had talked. You seem to be settling well so far, she offered, appreciation clear on her face. Neasa hadn't really been here that long and already she was hunting enough to share with the pack; Taki was impressed and hoped she would continue to remain busy. Others had seemed hopeful in the beginning, too, only to wind up leaving at some point. She hoped it wouldn't be the same for her new packmate.
Inuttuk
Common

196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Takiyok silently accepted the rabbit, and Cyclone handed (pawed?) it over without hesitation. If she meant to impress her new leader, she would have to make sacrifices. To the comment about her settling in well, Neasa smiled. Yeah, I suppose so, she replied. I spent today checking out the glacier. It's pretty stark, but it seems alright. Met a white wolf... forgot her name, though.

Neasa wished she had remembered it, if only to impress Takiyok, but it didn't seem as though that was going to happen. She realized, too, that most of the wolves she had spotted from afar had been white, so that wasn't going to be of much help in narrowing down who she was talking about. It hadn't helped that the girl she'd met had started off speaking in tongues. I figured I would set off tomorrow to search for suitable loners to add to the pack, if that's okay with ya. No time to waste and all that.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki thought stark was an apt way to describe the glacier. It really was awfully bare, especially in the winter, but she liked it here; it was really all she had ever known. Yes, I suppose it is. She went on to state she had meant another white wolf but had forgotten her name. It was probably one of my sisters, Tahani or Shivali, she offered. She wondered how that had gone since neither of them spoke the common language, but they were probably used to it by now. She hadn't met many wolves outside their family that spoke their language, which meant most of the wolves joining their ranks didn't know it either. She and her brother spoke common well as it was a required part of their training as children, and they were both always willing to translate. 

She was pleased to hear Neasa state that she was going to head out and search for new recruits tomorrow. Taki dipped her head. Yes, please. The sooner the better, she replied. They needed at least a few more to ensure the pack was big enough to protect itself, so her new packmate's mission would be a great help. She wondered, though, If you find yourself on the coast, I would be most appreciative if you could gather information on a a pack called Drageda, she stated. It might benefit us in the future to ally with them, but I'd like to know more about them first. She wouldn't just offer an alliance with a pack she knew nothing about after only meeting one of its supposed members. Only if you have time and are already there. You don't have to go out of your way or anything. It's not of highest importance currently, the atausiq added. She would have like to do it herself, but, as we all know, she can't leave right now.
Inuttuk
Common

196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone tucked the name away in her memory bank, although she would likely avoid any packs in favor of neutral ground, considering that was where the loners tended to meander. Her primary objective would not change, but if she happened upon a Drageda wolf, she figured it wouldn't hurt to ask a few probing questions. Neasa herself wasn't about allying herself with anybody outside the pack, but she kept that opinion to herself.

Can do, she replied. Is there anything in particular I should look for in recruits? Anything that wouldn't fit in here? Obviously, the Blackthorn would filter out the worst of them: sick, weak, ugly, boring, useless, but she wondered if there was more that Takiyok expected from those Cyclone sent back to the glacier.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki nodded in appreciation at the other woman's acceptance of her request. The snowy leader thought for a few seconds about her packmate's next question. I think as long as they're not weak or stupid, I wouldn't turn them away, she answered bluntly. Even with their low numbers, she would be hard pressed to let someone in the ranks that might prove a burden on the pack. You seem capable of making the distinction, so I'll trust your judgement. Sure she didn't know her very well, but so far, Neasa seemed like the exact type of wolf Taki wanted on the glacier, so if she sent more wolves similar to herself then they would be fine.
Inuttuk
Common

196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Oh good, that meant Takiyok didn't think Neasa was weak or stupid. Or if she did, she was doing a really good job of hiding it. Roger that, the Blackthorn replied. Trusting Neasa's judgement wasn't the first thing she would have suggested, but it would have to do. Of course, Takiyok would likely greet anybody she sent back, so it would reflect poorly on Cyclone to send back any old wolf. She would only send back the ones who she thought Takiyok would consider worthy.

I'm gonna turn in for the night. Rest up before the journey. Neasa paused, allowing Takiyok any final words, before she turned away, searching for a place to bed down and get a good night of sleep in before she set off at dawn.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Neasa had no other questions and seemed to accept her terms for what constituted as a wolf worthy of their ranks. The snowy leader nodded her head when the other woman stated she wanted to rest before her journey. She had no further questions or suggestions. Night, she offered. She watched Neasa take her leave and soon after, took off towards the borders to patrol or check on one of the adjacent territories.
Inuttuk
Common