Stone Circle Churchyard
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He stops his patrol to allow his sister to find him with ease, and why wouldn't he? Merrit has no intention of avoiding Arlette. If he did, he wouldn't have called for her at all. A small piece of him wonders if she'll want any part of him in the end, once they start to speak and his sorrows sear the sunny morning. At least he knows he has no chance of exploding on her like he did with the wiry girl at the borders. His heart still weighs heavy against the cavity of his chest, but the turbulence of his emotions are something he is slowly learning to handle.

Arlette is one of the few who can stir a smile from him by her existence alone, and despite his sadness he offers her one when she draws near. "Hey Lette," he murmurs, and he presses against her - brief, yet he feels the warmth of her affection linger.

Of everyone here, she would be the one not only to notice his absence, but to feel the need and the responsibility to help him, and her words procure a sigh - but he doesn't deflect her. Instead, he lowers himself to sit by her side, acutely aware of how he towers over her petite and snowy frame. Arlette is his walking contradiction in every way, yet for everything, he loves her.

"It's been hard," he admits, and he takes a moment to gather his thoughts. To anyone else, he knows he would be clipped, but with Arlette, he has nothing to hide. "I don't want you guys to worry about me, but - hmm," he frowns and looks away. There's more he wants to say, and the willingness to speak is written in his eyes. "How about we take a walk?"
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
Churchyard - by Arlette - December 14, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: Churchyard - by Merrit - December 15, 2018, 11:09 AM
RE: Churchyard - by Arlette - December 15, 2018, 02:48 PM
RE: Churchyard - by Merrit - December 15, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: Churchyard - by Arlette - December 18, 2018, 05:54 AM
RE: Churchyard - by Merrit - December 18, 2018, 11:43 PM
RE: Churchyard - by Arlette - December 19, 2018, 12:20 PM
RE: Churchyard - by Merrit - December 21, 2018, 06:11 PM
RE: Churchyard - by Arlette - December 23, 2018, 09:18 AM
RE: Churchyard - by Merrit - December 28, 2018, 06:38 PM