Herbalists' Cache every hour has its sound
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna shivered as the wind picked up, and her eyes flicked upward to study the darkening sky. Such an insistent easterly wind almost certainly bespoke storms brewing over the ocean. Returning her attention to her company, Rue observed that the young man seemed himself a bit tempestuous. The hues of his coat bore a resemblance to stormclouds gathering in a blustery sky, and his deep voice rumbled like distant thunder. 

Rue nodded as he admitted to knowing little. Her expression darkened slightly, but she tried her best to conceal her disappointment. If she seemed too desperate for medicine, the packwolf might sense the Plateau's present weakness. Not all packs were as collegial as the Plateau; some might hear of a sick, struggling pack and decide to take advantage. Although Rue was no mercenary, it did not take a military genius to see that the Plateau was woefully ill-equipped to fend off any kind of attack. 

"Um.. Lavender.. catsnip.. and ah.." What was it again? "..And coltshoof. I mean-- I mean coltsfoot. Those would make a good start,"  Rue answered a bit sheepishly, ears turning down in embarassment as her inexperience with herbs made itself known. 

Hopefully the man wouldn't immediately identify the herbs as the treatment for the highly-contagious disease Liri had called greencough. Or perhaps he would recognize the prescription and decide to keep as far away from Rue and her pack as possible. "But I.. I'm no herb expert or anything--" That was quite obvious. "--I guess I was just hoping to save our medic a trip, if I could." Rue gave her best attempt at a nonchalant shrug. 

"Are you here on pack business as well?" She turned the conversation away from herself, honey eyes regarding the man curiously. He smelled of a pack, there was no sense in pretending she hadn't noticed.
Messages In This Thread
every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 14, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Soltero - December 16, 2018, 11:34 AM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 16, 2018, 12:28 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Soltero - December 16, 2018, 01:33 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 16, 2018, 06:09 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Soltero - December 18, 2018, 10:54 AM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 18, 2018, 06:57 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Soltero - December 19, 2018, 11:22 AM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 19, 2018, 12:18 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Soltero - December 19, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: every hour has its sound - by Ruenna - December 19, 2018, 02:11 PM