Lost Creek Hollow Vivamus, moriendum est
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Eeh, I think in this case it's also partially because I am totally rusty at hunting threads where I'm letting someone else take the killing blow... And I don't exactly live in a place that gets iced-over rivers so that's an odd concept too, haha.

This was the epitome of luck. She found it unlikely that they'd have this kind of fortune again, even if they ran through the winter all over again from the start.  Easy food wasn't... well, easy to come by at any time of year, but especially now when that which could sleep or migrate had already long done so.

By the time Treason let go, the deer's head flopped to the ground without a sign of life. She'd long caught her own breath, but she wanted to lick her lips, to shake out her fur, and reassess their somewhat precarious situation here on uncertain footing.  At least they hadn't sunk in so far.  Eating out here probably would be pushing their luck, so she looked back to Sarah, nodded, then looked for a better spot to drag from.  The deer's long legs were nice for that at least, just as Treason's own mass was a great counterweight for dragging.  She did wish that they were going to the proper side of the river, but after the way the ice creaked on their initial crossing, it was probably a better idea to try it it after they'd lightened the load.

Treason wasn't really sure if the snowy lump on the edge of the shore of the river closest was rocky or if it was just a pile of snow that had managed to bunch up.  It could cause some difficulties either way, not exactly huge ones of course, but she looked to Sarah to see if she was just beelining it to solid ground or if she wanted to go a little out of the way for the easiest way.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - January 11, 2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Arbiter - January 19, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - January 20, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Arbiter - January 30, 2019, 03:14 AM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - February 02, 2019, 03:36 PM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Arbiter - February 09, 2019, 01:47 AM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - February 10, 2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Arbiter - February 23, 2019, 01:01 AM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - February 23, 2019, 02:15 PM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Arbiter - February 25, 2019, 01:58 AM
RE: Vivamus, moriendum est - by Sarah - February 26, 2019, 07:02 AM