Deepwood Weald Into a land of enchantment
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
@Alarian- you can turn this into a trade thread too if Alarian is doing something of that kind like hunting. Otherwise a border marking thread would be fine, you decide with your post :)

The lady of the woods made her way through their potential claim, noting there was little to memorize other than seemingly the same tree over and over again. Surely there was more hiding, but she had yet to find out. For now she was content with what they already had; enough members, a secluded place to settle and the drive to move forward. Every day that passed brought them closer to the glory of victory.

Mismatched eyes searched the mist, wondering who would cross her path today, if anyone at all. Tulugak was off catching his meal again and had left her alone for a while.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
After a particularly long night with @Midar, Alarian finds himself in need of space; he's certainly not dissatisfied, but maybe he feels... a little suffocated. While he's finding himself increasingly content with the idea of living among his lover's family, he's having trouble adjusting to his constant presence. And all the sex. He may still be far from old, but he's little and broken and not quite as young as he used to be and —
Well, as much as he hates to admit it, he needs a break sometimes. So he decides to take a walk when he wakes up, maybe reinforce the borders. He'd already tried sightseeing yesterday; between the blanket of mist over the forest and the near-identical trees, there isn't much very interesting about this forest. At least, nothing he's discovered yet. He shivers a little as he trails through the snow, picking up the scent of a packmate after a time and following it idly. He chuffs as the scent grows stronger, gaze searching the mist; it's a familiar scent, but he knows he won't be able to place it until he sees the wolf.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Assuming some things so it won't be like "uhh hey who who are you" - lemme know if you want anything changed

The crunching of the snow was already enough of a sign that someone was nearing and the chuff that came next solidified it. Nyx was quick to turn in the direction it came from when the scarred and small form of Alarian came into view. They hadn't spend much time together, before or after they all came together at the Weald, but she knew him and Midar to be close. He wasn't a Melonii, but neither was she, and she liked having a different kind of wolf among their ranks - if only so she wouldn't be the odd one out together with Aries.

Good morning. She greeted in a calm voice before looking around. Are you planning on working alone today? She asked when no one else came through the mist. Perhaps he could help her redefine the borders.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
works for me!! ❤
A dark figure appears through the mist as he presses forward, and he quickly identifies her as the woman who'd called their first meeting. Nyx, wasn't it? He dips his head in response to her greeting, tail swaying slowly behind him. I was, but I wouldn't mind company, He says, offering a slight smile and standing back to allow her to take the lead. He feels a predictable twinge of anxiety, but stifles it with the thought that this will be a good opportunity to learn more about Midar's family.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though not of Melonii blood herself, she was the wife of one and therefore part of their group. She had wanted to propose a ceremony that welcomed her into the bloodline like a marriage would for a long time, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. She was unsure of how Damien would react to such a thing, even though he was obviously fond of her.

She smiled at the other then, dipping her muzzle in graduate. Then the borders could use us. She said as she turned in the direction of the nearby border, padding her way there. Arriving there she didn't waste much time to linger about and went to work almost immediately, rubbing along trees as well as leaving a trail of urine. Have you settled in well with the others? She asked the man curiously.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He follows without hesitation, relieved that the interaction seems to be going well so far, and follows Nyx's example in marking the borders. His ears perk a little at her question, and he pauses briefly before answering. I haven't met many others yet, He admits, glancing into the forest for a moment. But it's gone well so far. I've been hoping to learn more about your family, actually. Midar hasn't said much. Possibly because of the amnesia; he doesn't hold it against him. But he does want to know more about where he'll be living.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nyx didn't hold it against him when he said he hadn't met many of the others. He wasn't "one of them" which probably made the situation a bit awkward. She hoped his friendship with Midar, or whatever the two had, was important enough to him to stay with them all. She made a face of slight concern shortly after though. I am not a Melonii. She said with a somewhat sad expression. But the ones I have met do have some features in common. Sophisticated, dutiful, handsome in most cases... She smiled then. And I am sure Damien would not mind telling you about the gods they worship. She remembered the stories he told to her when she was little. Strange to think that that same man was now her husband.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He's surprised to learn she's not related; ignorant as he still is, it's easy to mistake her dark coat and mismatched gaze, despite the differences in color, for traits of his lover's family. He can't help but think, as he commits the name Melonii to memory, that Midar Melonii is kind of cute. His mind is still on his lover as he listens to Nyx's description, sending a flush through his ears. Handsome might be an understatement — but he pushes that thought away, embarrassed by the intensity of his attraction to Midar. He really needs to stop thinking about him.
Gods? He repeats softly, tone curious as his gaze drifts back to her. Midar hadn't mentioned being religious. Obviously his religion doesn't involve celibacy, though, so it's probably fine. Unless he just got himself into a cult or something (lol).
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
An understatement indeed. What had this become? A fangirl/boy session about their favorite wolves?  Yes, apparently. I only know of one or two. She answered, slightly embarassed that she actually knew so little about Damien's religion. Had it become hers? Did he expect her to believe? She hoped not. She liked to have an open mind. The one after which I was named. The Goddess of the night called Nyx or Nocturnal. She informed while still marking the borders when not speaking. It is all very... spiritual. Yes, that was a nice way to put it.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
wrap up with your next post? ❤
He's undeniably intrigued by what little information she offers, though he feels similarly uncertain; does Midar expect him to convert? He's never been much of a fan of religion, really. Perhaps for his lover, he might be able to feign some interest — but could he truly believe? He doesn't know, and he's certain he won't find his answer until he learns more about this religion. Probably not, honestly, but maybe it's worth a try. For Midar, most anything is.
It sounds intriguing, He says between leaving his own marks along the border. I've never really known much about spiritual stuff — just not the way I was raised, I guess. You don't worship their gods? It'd sounded that way, anyway. He wonders if Midar is the same; his lover doesn't quite strike him as the spiritual type.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
They intrigue me. She answered truthfully. She was raised among religious men and women and it wasn't fair to say she didn't believe at all. It was just that she would rather believe the things around her, not the things controlling her. It was then that the conversation continued, openly fangirl/boy-ing as they finished up their patrol and went their separate ways.

Nyx herself returned to Damien, speaking kind words of the man she had spent the morning with.